Leveled by lowering the back 2” lets see your reverse level rides!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M3AN ONE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do you think reverse leveling and then going 285/50/22 or 285/55/22 would have the same effect?

Elvira

Reaction score
It is a nice change for the rear to be lowered. Your Ram's are looking good lads....

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Curious if it will affect mpg at all - good or bad?

zogg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed the pro suspension 2” drop rear springs. Cost $200. Took about an hour to install but I’m 74! Absolutely no difference in ride, mpg, tracking, etc. Best thing I’ve done

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was hoping you would say it gained mpg on the highway, it has to affect the aerodynamics some but maybe not enough to show up.

zogg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It is the same as driving around with a load in the bed causing the rear to drop 2”. I don't see how that could affect the mpg any.

Pears

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Maybe an out there question, but has anyone that's done the 2" drop had your truck on a lift afterwards/since???? Wondering if the shorter springs are able to "fall" out when the rear axle is hanging. Just a thought.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It is the same as driving around with a load in the bed causing the rear to drop 2”. I don't see how that could affect the mpg any.
The lower a vehicle is to the ground the more aero it becomes. However he didn't drop the front so I was just curious if dropping the rear would give any benefit.
The less dirty air bouncing around underneath does help.

ScopesNC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel
2016 Ram 2500 2 x 4 mostly stock except I do have a Air Lift on the rear. The front rides about 5 inches lower than the rear and it is stock that way. What I would like to do is lower the rear about
2 or 3 inches . Would switching out the springs to shorter springs help me. I want to lower it so I can get my 5th wheel lower in ride. It rides nose high right now . Maybe something like this. https://bit.ly/3AThhlU Using the Air ride to helps make the ride smoother works ,but I'm even more nose high when I put about 65 of 70lbs of air in the bags and if I lower things down a few inches I should be closer to level with the trailer and air bags inflated. Its a nice looking Road Princesses and I'd like to keep it that way if I can. Am I thinking this all wrong?

Last edited:

zogg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Maybe an out there question, but has anyone that's done the 2" drop had your truck on a lift afterwards/since???? Wondering if the shorter springs are able to "fall" out when the rear axle is hanging. Just a thought.
Nope. Had mine on a lift for new tires. The shocks and rear sway bar keep things in place same as oem springs. Though 2” shorter they still fit super tight into the spring pockets.

Pears

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nope. Had mine on a lift for new tires. The shocks and rear sway bar keep things in place same as oem springs. Though 2” shorter they still fit super tight into the spring pockets.
Thank you zogg. Just though I'd ask.

Dalt10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Don't think it's changed mpg. But then again I never have checked mpg on any truck I've owned. My wife has been driving 100+ miles day to and from work for a year and a half. Just moved so it's down to a little less than 50 miles a day now.

gto64gto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have 2017 sport 1500 4 wheel drive. I lowered my rear by cutting 1 coil off. Used a cut off wheel. Worked great and rides better.