Leveling Kit or Just Front Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigmacslayer4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey,

I have a 2007 Ram 1500 Quad Cab with the Hemi 5.7 RWD. It's coming up on time for new tires, and can't really afford the rims + tires right now, so was going to put some 35's on stock wheels. My brother was able to do it with a 3" spindle lift on the front, but was looking at some front lift kits. Maxtrac has a 2.5" front coil spring suspension lift kit, so I was wondering if that would do the trick. What have you guys found that works for you? Are 35's on stock wheels even possible, or am I going to experience serious rubbing even with a leveling kit or front lift? TYIA

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There are a lot of conditions that need to clarified here.
While my truck is a 4x4, the torsion bars were cranked up about 2" and I'm clearing 295/65R20s (35s, but not 12.50s).

That being said, I have them on OE 9" wide wheels, which helps control the sidewall bulge.

There are a lot of options out there, If you can afford spindles, I would 100% go that route. If you can't... save up till you can? I've never ridden in a lifted 2wd 1500 that wasn't... bouncy to say the least.

Tech0515

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey,

I have a 2007 Ram 1500 Quad Cab with the Hemi 5.7 RWD. It's coming up on time for new tires, and can't really afford the rims + tires right now, so was going to put some 35's on stock wheels. My brother was able to do it with a 3" spindle lift on the front, but was looking at some front lift kits. Maxtrac has a 2.5" front coil spring suspension lift kit, so I was wondering if that would do the trick. What have you guys found that works for you? Are 35's on stock wheels even possible, or am I going to experience serious rubbing even with a leveling kit or front lift? TYIA

I used the 3 inch torsion bars/keys to crank mine up 4 inches. 35s will fit stock or a lift depending on your offset. If you have stock wheels and go with 11.5, you'll fit fine. Any wider and you have to adjust. I went up 2 inches with 325/65/18s -24 offset and they rubbed like crazy. I raised it up to 3 inches, had minor rub and then went to 4 inches since i didn't like the reverse rake. Added 2 inch blocks in the rear to level it back out. At 2 inches, the ride was fine. Cranked to 3+, the ride was fine on regular roads but would hop on bumps so i ordered new Rancho RS5000X shocks (coming in today).