Leveling kit question - can the dealerships do it and keep the warranty intact

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is the lift that was installed and an alignment was done. The total cost on my end was $1900.00. I have no problem mentioning what I paid as I’m sure others will post they could have gotten it for less lol. 683555299e91a86b19e1401015b26146.jpg77895b63575b0dffdbc9f5546fa88545.jpg

Can you post a picture of what your truck looks like with that lift?

CoHam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
New to the truck world and the forum so please be gentle with me. I have a couple questions about this thread.

1. What is the purpose of leveling the truck?

2. If you level doesn’t that mess up the headlight alignment when towing? Does the alignment get messed up anyways even if not leveled when towing?

Thanks in advance for replies and learning the new guy :chair:
I have the ReadyLift 2” leveling with upper control arms, part number 66-1921. The UCA will help correct the change in ball joint angle, reducing the stress that might occur if you kept the factory UCA with a lift. The new UCAs are definitely stronger than the stock composite UCAs. I had it aligned after the install.
To answer your questions:
1. The purpose is mostly to change the look of the truck. Many, myself included, do not like the look of a truck with a rake angle (front end lower than the back.) However, if you tow a trailer much then you need to consider that factory rake results in a level truck when you attach a trailer with much tongue weight.
2. Yes, it will definitely change your headlight angle, and you should adjust them after the install. These new headlights are stupid bright already; tipping them higher into oncoming traffic is ignorant and will get you a lot of high beams flipped at you if uncorrected, this is especially true if you drive country roads where there is not a lot of ambient light that lessens the impact. If you have a level spot about 25 feet from a wall that you can mark, then you can do it yourself by marking the wall where your headlights hit before the install. I don’t have the room for that, so I paid my dealer $80 to adjust my lights after the install. That’s a lot of money for that job, but my headlights are correct now and nobody flips me off anymore.

Last edited:

Ram19 Owner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I have the ReadyLift 2” leveling with upper control arms, part number 66-1921. The UCA will help correct the change in ball joint angle, reducing the stress that might occur if you kept the factory UCA with a lift. The new UCAs are definitely stronger than the stock composite UCAs. I had it aligned after the install.
To answer your questions:
1. The purpose is mostly to change the look of the truck. Many, myself included, do not like the look of a truck with a rake angle (front end lower than the back.) However, if you tow a trailer much then you need to consider that factory rake results in a level truck when you attach a trailer with much tongue weight.
2. Yes, it will definitely change your headlight angle, and you should adjust them after the install. These new headlights are stupid bright already; tipping them higher into oncoming traffic is ignorant and will get you a lot of high beams flipped at you if uncorrected, this is especially true if you drive country roads where there is not a lot of ambient light that lessens the impact. If you have a level spot about 25 feet from a wall that you can mark, then you can do it yourself by marking the wall where your headlights hit before the install. I don’t have the room for that, so I paid my dealer $80 to adjust my lights after the install. That’s a lot of money for that job, but my headlights are correct now and nobody flips me off anymore.

Thanks for the answers CoHam. New to the full size truck and seeing a lot of stuff on these forums that make me go hmmmmm

JohnK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm getting a 2" Rough Country leveling kit installed on top of this lift... in about 2 weeks I will post the pictures. I had 2 shops get under the truck and tell me there shouldn't be a problem.... so we shall see.

The problem is that the MOPAR 2" lift doesn't fix the rake.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio