lifetime extended warranty option ends 11/30/18

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnmck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Offer to buy Lifetime extended warranty ends 11/30/18. I bought a new longhorn today (love it). The dealer let me know ram has decided to discontinue the life warranty. Anybody waiting to get one of these needs to act. The other versions are not changing.

Jay Carr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
are we sure that's not a lie by them to get you to buy it before November fiscal month closes so their numbers look better?

OP
OP
J

johnmck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I believe them since I was going to buy one and he reminded me the lifetime one that I was leaning to was expiring. They had just found out.
I got much of my info on buying this truck here. I just thought giving this heads up may help someone who helped me.

micko24

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can I buy this warranty, even after I already bought my truck?

MegaRam18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
What does it cover /costs?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

darynm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There are post from others that indeed the lifetime warranty will end at the end of this month. It could come back in the future, but may be awhile... There are places where you can find discounted rates for these warranties.

S2k4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
Offer to buy Lifetime extended warranty ends 11/30/18. I bought a new longhorn today (love it). The dealer let me know ram has decided to discontinue the life warranty. Anybody waiting to get one of these needs to act. The other versions are not changing.

Dealer in North Houston states otherwise. I guess we'll see in a couple of days.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Watch. They’ll “discontinue” it for a year. Then bring it back with new and improved price.

phlram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was procrastinating.. I will pull the trigger on mine today.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Watch. They’ll “discontinue” it for a year. Then bring it back with new and improved price.

You can call this the "Disney movie disc" model. Sell the exact same thing for a few months, "lock it up in the vault", wait a year and release it from the vault at a higher price.

People go nuts for it, go figure.

Musky Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Got mine today from Clay's and it's already listed at mopar.com

Jay Carr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hmm I wonder how tied together FCA/RAM and Mopar are.... like it is it a 3rd party warranty with RAM marketing all over it? or is it truly backed by FCA?? That'd be interesting to know.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
hmm I wonder how tied together FCA/RAM and Mopar are.... like it is it a 3rd party warranty with RAM marketing all over it? or is it truly backed by FCA?? That'd be interesting to know.
If it was a third party warranty I highly doubt it would show up on the official Mopar website.

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

No one knows who actually pays the bills when a claim is filed under one of these "Mopar" contracts. It could very well be a 3rd party carrier. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter. It's getting covered.

Same concept with aftermarket contracts. If it's a big established dealer chain selling the contract and they like working with them, who cares. If it's a fly by night used car lot selling something, I'd beware.

Hemimania

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Kinda annoyed that I missed this. Gotta check this board more often.

PickUps_321

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
is it truly gone, are they honoring until 12/30?