Lift and 37s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoPowered

Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
B098C54F-016D-48FA-9913-895454B19D7F.jpeg To mimick what has been said, you're the one the owns and drives the truck so it’s your choice as to what you’d like to do. But let me state once again for the record, Out the Box the Power Wagon is the most versatile truck sold, period. With that being said Ram spends tens of thousands of dollar’s on engineering and development to make a vehicle like this appeal to people that know the truck’s intended purpose. Much like Jeep has done for 80yrs by producing a vehicle specifically built for off road use. The Power Wagon is produced as a one-off Heavy Duty full size pick-up for Off Road use. I do have Thuren Adjustable Trac bar upfront and am considering ordering the rear adjustable shackle lift and the Front control arms. The reason for the trac bar was simple, less deflection as it a beefier unit than stock. The shackle lift to raise the back up a bit with addition of my cap and camping build in the bed. The control arms for the added strength and tire clearance. The Power Wagon spring’s are the best for the Power Wagon and even Thuren, Carli and AEV hatedly admit this. Try to do usable mods and you’ll never go wrong. You don’t need to lift or level it unless you had added weight in the front like a huge bumper etc.. as they are already leveled from the factory so I don’t know why you needed to do that. 37’s are easily fitted with minor trimming with the correct wheel dimension’s. 17’s with a 5 1/2” - 5 3/4” backspacking or an offset between 18-24 puts you right where you’ll want to be. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Last edited:

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
View attachment 224794 To mimick what has been said, you're the one the owns and drives the truck so it’s your choice as to what you’d like to do. But let me state once again for the record, Out the Box the Power Wagon is the most versatile truck sold, period. With that being said Ram spends tens of thousands of dollar’s on engineering and development to make a vehicle like this appeal to people that now the truck’s intended purpose. Much like Jeep has down for 80yrs by producing a vehicle specifically built for off road use the Power Wagon is produced as a one-off Heavy Duty full size pick-up for Off Road use. I do have Thuren Adjustable Trac bar upfront and am considering ordering the rear adjustable shackle lift and the Front control arms. The reason for the trac bar was simple, less deflection as it a beefier unit than stock. The shackle lift to raise the back up a bit with addition of my cap and camping build in the bed. The control arms for the added strength and tire clearance. The Power Wagon spring’s are the best for the Power Wagon and even Thuren, Carli and AEV hatedly admit this. Try to do usable mods and you’ll never go wrong. You don’t need to lift or level it unless you had added weight in the front like a huge bumper etc.. as they are already leveled from the factory so I don’t know why you needed to do that. And 37’s are easily fitted with minor trimming with the correct wheel dimension’s. 17’s with a 5 1/2” - 5 3/4” backspacking or an offset between 18-24 puts you right where you’ll want to be. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

The power wagons are definitely not level from the factory. Mine had over 2” of rake. And I think you are the first person in the world to say power wagon springs are better than Carli or Thuren lol. Highly doubt either of those manufacturers would say that, nor anyone who has switched to their springs. Also, AEV highly recommends you swap out the power wagon springs (to normal 2500 springs) when you use there kit.

Nice truck! How are you liking the Patagonias!

Mule19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Second the mile star Patagonia question I am seriously considering them.

donivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Need to define "better". If towing then maybe the stock springs are better than Thuren but I recall Carli were better than stock for towing.

My rake is 1.5" on my 19 PW so definitely not level from the factory but I like a little rake.

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
Second the mile star Patagonia question I am seriously considering them.
ive only had mine on for a week but love them so far. My Coopers would not balance at all, the milestars are super smooth. Hit some easy trails last week and they did great. I found mine on ebay , a grand for 37s so I couldn't pass em up

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

MoPowered

Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
BF5EBEF9-231E-418B-BE92-A44D6D63853A.jpeg
The power wagons are definitely not level from the factory. Mine had over 2” of rake. And I think you are the first person in the world to say power wagon springs are better than Carli or Thuren lol. Highly doubt either of those manufacturers would say that, nor anyone who has switched to their springs. Also, AEV highly recommends you swap out the power wagon springs (to normal 2500 springs) when you use there kit.

Nice truck! How are you liking the Patagonias!
Thank you, The Patagonia’s are wearing pretty good they will get a little skittish in corner’s in the rain and I’m waiting to test them in the snow. The ride is great and not very noisy.

I’ll clarify what I should have said when I said Power Wagon spring’s are the best for the Power Wagon meaning that from the factory the spring rate is specific for the Power Wagon and it’s intended purpose.
Sure there are tuned springs with rates that have different linear/progressive traits that you can throw on for say towing but I have rear leaf packs not coils so that part is lost on my Rig. I should have stated that and for the AEV you need to run regular 2500 springs as the Power Springs(front)are taller and the overall suspension geometry is different.
They all want your money did you know that most of the the springs come from one manufacturer,( there are some 40 odd different springs that Ram has depending on your vehicle’s configuration and how it’s spec’d out) then they paint them and put their name on them and say their spring’s are better than their’s yada, yada, yada. They aren’t making them in their shops. Carli, AEV, Thure, BDS, Zone, Rough Country, Fabtech, all want your money and will say what you want to hear to convince you out of it.
Thuren will agree “out of the box in it’s true form the Power Wagon spring’s are the best spring’s for the Power Wagon and it’s design and purpose until you want to change it’s characteristics. Thuren and Carli do make some great product’s that do improve and change some things that Ram engineer’s should have done, the “pos” draglink issue is one of them but alas, it is what it is.

We can all agree to disagree to some point, I think it’s great that there is a knowledge base here that allows us to learn and pass along information and tech.
So far as Power Wagon’s having 2” of rake that’s something they must have done in the newer model years and since I’m old and poor I have to settle for my 2012 with Factory leveled spring’s 4:56’s and 37’s without Thuren, Carli, CJC or AEV biting into my pocket, Just saying

Last edited:

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
@MoPowered I get what you are saying. It’s very difficult to alter factory suspension on a purpose built vehicle and not do more harm than good. I’ve lifted a few vehicles and there’s always undesirable side effects not advertised by the business that wants your money. Some of my experience included a Ram 2500 and one of the top tier vendors frequently mentioned.

I’ll leave it at that because I don’t want to sidetrack the OP’s thread.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
View attachment 224860
Thank you, The Patagonia’s are wearing pretty good they will get a little skittish in corner’s in the rain and I’m waiting to test them in the snow. The ride is great and not very noisy.

I’ll clarify what I should have said when I said Power Wagon spring’s are the best for the Power Wagon meaning that from the factory the spring rate is specific for the Power Wagon and it’s intended purpose.
Sure there are tuned springs with rates that have different linear/progressive traits that you can throw on for say towing but I have rear leaf packs not coils so that part is lost on my Rig. I should have stated that and for the AEV you need to run regular 2500 springs as the Power Springs(front)are taller and the overall suspension geometry is different.
They all want your money did you know that most of the the springs come from one manufacturer,( there are some 40 odd different springs that Ram has depending on your vehicle’s configuration and how it’s spec’d out) then they paint them and put their name on them and say their spring’s are better than their’s yada, yada, yada. They aren’t making them in their shops. Carli, AEV, Thure, BDS, Zone, Rough Country, Fabtech, all want your money and will say what you want to hear to convince you out of it.
Thuren will agree “out of the box in it’s true form the Power Wagon spring’s are the best spring’s for the Power Wagon and it’s design and purpose until you want to change it’s characteristics. Thuren and Carli do make some great product’s that do improve and change some things that Ram engineer’s should have done, the “pos” draglink issue is one of them but alas, it is what it is.

We can all agree to disagree to some point, I think it’s great that there is a knowledge base here that allows us to learn and pass along information and tech.
So far as Power Wagon’s having 2” of rake that’s something they must have done in the newer model years and since I’m old and poor I have to settle for my 2012 with Factory leveled spring’s 4:56’s and 37’s without Thuren, Carli, CJC or AEV biting into my pocket, Just saying

Yea, lets just agree to disagree :D

OP
OP
F

Frank B

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So I decided to roll with Thuren kit and 35s with a more negative offset wheel to flush up with my flares. I like the AEV Saltas but I'm not sure if they will sit wide enough to be flush with the flares.

Anyway, you guys will love this. I called my tire shop to have him cancel and return the RC 4.5 inch lift. He told me that Rough Country told him they would charge him a 25% restocking fee because he is a dealer. He then told me the 4.5 lift would look fine with 35s and that the biggest thing I needed was a wider stance (I agree). I honestly felt a little pressured and ended up agreeing to install the lift kit and scheduled an appointment to install it.

Anyway, still having second thoughts so I called Rough Country to see if I could get the restock fee waived because it was my order. They were extremely courteous and helpful and said they would be glad to take the stuff back and that they do not charge a restock fee. So this mechanic lied to me about this fee!!!

Anyway that kind of solidified my decision. Thuren 1.5 inch kit it is!!!

OP
OP
F

Frank B

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The part that irritates me is

A. The stuff is still in the box, so the return is easy.

B. I had every intention of having him install the Thuren kit so it wasn't like he was losing business by returning the kit. So why make a big deal about it?

Rick Ram-jet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500 4x4 CC / LB
Engine
6.4 L
The part that irritates me is

A. The stuff is still in the box, so the return is easy.

B. I had every intention of having him install the Thuren kit so it wasn't like he was losing business by returning the kit. So why make a big deal about it?

Sounds like this shop showed you their "true colors," I`d find another trustworthy shop or do it yourself.....

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I decided to roll with Thuren kit and 35s with a more negative offset wheel to flush up with my flares. I like the AEV Saltas but I'm not sure if they will sit wide enough to be flush with the flares.

Anyway, you guys will love this. I called my tire shop to have him cancel and return the RC 4.5 inch lift. He told me that Rough Country told him they would charge him a 25% restocking fee because he is a dealer. He then told me the 4.5 lift would look fine with 35s and that the biggest thing I needed was a wider stance (I agree). I honestly felt a little pressured and ended up agreeing to install the lift kit and scheduled an appointment to install it.

Anyway, still having second thoughts so I called Rough Country to see if I could get the restock fee waived because it was my order. They were extremely courteous and helpful and said they would be glad to take the stuff back and that they do not charge a restock fee. So this mechanic lied to me about this fee!!!

Anyway that kind of solidified my decision. Thuren 1.5 inch kit it is!!!
If they lie upfront think how they will be if there is an issue down the road.

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
im disappointed thuren doesnt offer a 1 or 1.5 rear spring to go along with the 1.5 fronts for the people that dont want the truck looking like a pooping dog when somethings in the bed

OP
OP
F

Frank B

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Part of me sometimes still thinks about going with the 4.5 inch lift but I just can't help but think it will look stupid on 35s. I really don't wanna do 37s for fuel mileage concerns but I don't know why I am still stuck on lifting it. I know 4.5 inch on 37s would look amazing.

Do you guys think I am making the right choice going with the thuren kit and 35s with new wheels? I want both worlds, I want the truck to look nice and want it to perform as well.

This is current side profile with the cheap truxxx leveling kit I put on it 3 years ago on 35s.
20201015_094824.jpg

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
frank do you want a real truck or just something to pick up your groceries with. ditch the brodozer front spring spacer and get some thuren parts

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
im disappointed thuren doesnt offer a 1 or 1.5 rear spring to go along with the 1.5 fronts for the people that dont want the truck looking like a pooping dog when somethings in the bed

Most people just add a 1” spacer. Its perfectly fine to do and works with his springs and shocks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
376steve