Lift and 37s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Most people just add a 1” spacer. Its perfectly fine to do and works with his springs and shocks.

yes i know. ive got the 1in spacer in there but i would much rather avoid a spacer if i had the choice. not a huge deal but i think he could easy offer a optional 1in taller rear and plenty of people would buy it

WY.Ram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Part of me sometimes still thinks about going with the 4.5 inch lift but I just can't help but think it will look stupid on 35s. I really don't wanna do 37s for fuel mileage concerns but I don't know why I am still stuck on lifting it. I know 4.5 inch on 37s would look amazing.

Do you guys think I am making the right choice going with the thuren kit and 35s with new wheels? I want both worlds, I want the truck to look nice and want it to perform as well.

This is current side profile with the cheap truxxx leveling kit I put on it 3 years ago on 35s.
View attachment 225002
If You'd like I'll photoshop Your truck with the added 1.5 " of lift on those 35 's in the photo. If You have a photo or a link to Your new wheels and tires, I'll add those to the rendering and You get a good idea of what it'll look like.

The Truxx level kit was a 1.5" Spacer jammed into Your front spring and those Wheels are the factory 17" ??
I can get the scale pretty close with that info, if I'm wrong let me know.

I will say when I did mine I wanted another 1" to 1.5" lift and was disappointed that neither Carli Thuren offered Such a thing. And Until this moment I have completely forgotten I wanted that because I am thrilled with the upgrade, the cost, and the performance of my RAM with Thuren steel.

In an early post I said I hadn't hurt the functionality. Well, I stand slightly corrected, If I towed anything I might have remembered my truck, when towing will pop a squat like my wife pee'n and that doesn't work for me. It's cute when my wife does It, but not my truck, Lucky for me I don't tow, so I don't notice that hit.

I'll stuff a brick in each rear spring the day I unexpectedly have to tow more then my lawn mower. ha lol

Carli's rear springs are the non linear, I almost went there, still might Some day, fun to compare, but for Now the stickers say Thuren and they are staying that Way. I'd do it again only difference is It Would happen before I even drove it of the lot next time.

One last note, if You Stare at your wheel gap every time Your on approach They are gonna seem huge and Only 40s will cure it. But if You relax Your eyes, look at the whole rig, you'll like what You see.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm a bit late. You're gonna love It, If not high enough sell the steel and roll RC, or even better~ combine Thurens with another type of lift for that extra 1.5 ". Spacers (I know, dirty word) go in and come out fairly easy. Just a thought so you can sleep until Thuren is on. lol

Last edited:

Rick Ram-jet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500 4x4 CC / LB
Engine
6.4 L
DISCLAIMER: If you run the FULL SYSTEM (Carli or Thuren) and haul or tow anything remotely heavy, in my case a 800+ lb Harley or 3700+lb pontoon boat/trailer, you will experience quite a bit of squat in the rear.

Since the Thuren travel is so much better than stock, my plan, based on Thuren`s recommendation, is to add Daystar cradles and Airlift 57289 bags. Since I rarely tow/haul I`m going to skip the fancy air compressor and manual fill for now..
Thuren claims that you loose 2.5in of up travel but keep the down travel with the Daystar cradles, but again the travel is so much better than stock I don`t think it will affect off road performance much, if at all.

Vicman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
IMG_20181205_154046629.jpg
So far, I'm super happy with Cooper STT 35s and no lift. No rub, goes where I point it (snow or gloppy mud).
I had it 4" deeper than the rockers a few weeks ago. Thought I might need the winch but locked the axles and out we rolled. Gonna take a year to get the mud out from underneath tho.

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is my '16 with 1.5" Thuren front coils and Fox shocks, and a 1" spacer in the rear. With the rear spacer the rear sits 3/4" taller than the front. At first just installed the Thuren's and thought it looked a little squatty. Tires are 35" Falken MT's on stock wheels.

To be honest, I don't think it rides quite as good on the road now versus when stock. Haven't had the chance to get off-road any. The main reason for this was one of the front factory Bilsteins was leaking badly and needed replaced. Wanted the Thuren Fox shocks but they said you had to have their coils for the shocks to work. After measuring there is no reason the Fox shocks would not have worked with the stock coils.
lifted pics.jpg

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is my '16 with 1.5" Thuren front coils and Fox shocks, and a 1" spacer in the rear. With the rear spacer the rear sits 3/4" taller than the front. At first just installed the Thuren's and thought it looked a little squatty. Tires are 35" Falken MT's on stock wheels.

To be honest, I don't think it rides quite as good on the road now versus when stock. Haven't had the chance to get off-road any. The main reason for this was one of the front factory Bilsteins was leaking badly and needed replaced. Wanted the Thuren Fox shocks but they said you had to have their coils for the shocks to work. After measuring there is no reason the Fox shocks would not have worked with the stock coils.
View attachment 225062

Nice! Is that the best pic ya got? I would love to see more of it. And the tire/wheel combo.

MoPowered

Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
84E15E25-6D47-42A8-BAA8-1757FD6657CD.jpeg

View attachment 225062
Hmmm, that is a nice looking rig but you say it doesn’t seem to ride as nice with the Thuren springs. As I have been politely saying leave you’re damned stock spring’s alone, lol. I’m running my 37’s with nothing but stock springs and my rear leaf packs. I’m going to order his rear shackle lift or a 1” block as I’ll have an additional 500 lbs back there withe the cap and my camp build out and I don’t want it squatting like a toad.
I will be adding new upper and lower control arm’s up front but haven’t decided on stock or aftermarket but I don’t an aftermarket type that gives additional flex. I feel that when you add more flex to straight axle vehicles especially in the control arms you open yourself up to more flex on road also and then you’ll be Chasing the Dragon known as Death Wobble.