Lift for 2021 Ram 1500 Laramie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tango2249

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nick helped me out and recommended an Eibach Pro-Truck 2”-3” Adjustable Lift Kit.

I don’t know if I want to go with a 4” lift kit or the recommended Eibach lift. Please post some pics of the lifts that you have done on your Ram’s. I want to have the smoothest ride possible, and will only go off road during the hunting season. It’s more for looks and don’t want to suffer in ride comfort. What recommendations do you guys have?

Desert Dawg

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Well, here is mine with a 3-inch Fabtech/Dirt Logic coilover lift:

1_2020_Ram_Rebel_Build_(2).jpg

Rio_Puerco_11.1.2020_1d.png

Rio_Puerco_11.1.2020_1a.png
The Dirt Logics perform just fine but the Fabtech setup maxes out (in my opinion) on acceptable CV axle angles and I still want a tad more clearance myself as I traverse desert and mountain obstacles all the time when off-roading (and have the damage to prove it...lol). The Dirt Logics truly are tuned more for faster speed desert running. Plus, I like the aesthetic of 4-inch lifted Rams the best, so been waiting on a quality 4-inch coil-over lift that will do double duty for providing a comfortable ride (aka, Fox) with exceptional off-road performance while running 35s.

So I have been taxing @Nick@GotExhaust on this too. Unfortunately, BDS has the only quality coil-over system with beefier crossmembers and other components that I know of and would trust for moderate to semi-technical off-roading, but they only offer a 2-inch Fox 2.5 coil-over system (too low) or their 6-inch Fox coil-over lift (too high). So I keep pinging Nick who probably gets tired of the impatient asking...lol. Been curious what other input you get on this!

retroboomin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

The Dirt Logics perform just fine but the Fabtech setup maxes out (in my opinion) on acceptable CV axle angles and I still want a tad more clearance myself as I traverse desert and mountain obstacles all the time when off-roading (and have the damage to prove it...lol). The Dirt Logics truly are tuned more for faster speed desert running. Plus, I like the aesthetic of 4-inch lifted Rams the best, so been waiting on a quality 4-inch coil-over lift that will do double duty for providing a comfortable ride (aka, Fox) with exceptional off-road performance while running 35s.

So I have been taxing @Nick@GotExhaust on this too. Unfortunately, BDS has the only quality coil-over system with beefier crossmembers and other components that I know of and would trust for moderate to semi-technical off-roading, but they only offer a 2-inch Fox 2.5 coil-over system (too low) or their 6-inch Fox coil-over lift (too high). So I keep pinging Nick who probably gets tired of the impatient asking...lol. Been curious what other input you get on this!
have you not seen the 4ich zone lift with fox shocks? zone is the BDS sister company

Desert Dawg

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
have you not seen the 4ich zone lift with fox shocks? zone is the BDS sister company
Yes, I have. I even talked to Zone directly and by their own admission, the Zone components are not as stout as the BDS components since they purposely designed the Zone systems such that they can be offered at a lower price point. For the off-roading I do, I prefer the stouter components provided by BDS (and their superior warranty). But even so, Fox has yet to release a coil-over that specifically fits either of the BDS/Zone 4-inch systems for our 5th Gen Rams. Nick has been waiting on this as well. Both current offerings use a 4-inch spacer with the factory struts.

Edit: Nick is convinced that Fox (which owns BDS/Zone) will eventually come out with a 2.5 coil-over system that will fit with the BDS/Zone 4-inch lifts. So I am seriously toying with the idea of ordering the BDS 4-inch system, reinstalling the factory Rebel suspension with the 4-inch spacer system for now, and then ordering the coil-overs through Nick once they become available. If so, I can simply remove the spacers and install the new Fox coil-overs which I think would meet all of my truck build needs!

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Tango2249

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

So there are no good options for a 4” lift out there?

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7

What kit do you have this one?
7C596146-DA56-4CEB-82E3-DA29807AA0A0.jpeg

BolletuH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nick helped me out and recommended an Eibach Pro-Truck 2”-3” Adjustable Lift Kit.

I don’t know if I want to go with a 4” lift kit or the recommended Eibach lift. Please post some pics of the lifts that you have done on your Ram’s. I want to have the smoothest ride possible, and will only go off road during the hunting season. It’s more for looks and don’t want to suffer in ride comfort. What recommendations do you guys have?
Go with a true lift. A true lift will relocate front differential, rear axle, control arms, etc. to their proper positions. Usually anything 3" or below is a leveling/spacer kit or a coilover leveling kit. Your LCA angles and CV angles will be less than optimal, and your handling will suffer a bit. Ride quality will improve depending on if you go with a premium coilover, but you can expect shorter lifespans misc. joints. BDS is pretty good for the money. I think 4" is about the minimum height in lift when companies start manufacturing true suspension kits. I also recommend going this route as you probably won't need additional suspension travel due to infrequent offroading.

Racing Woody

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

Any chance you have a straight side view of your current set up? Also can you tell me ground to bottom of fender heights front and rear?

THnaks,

Desert Dawg

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Sure thing:

5%20Front%20Coilover%20Suspension_Side_zpso1kdrbgx.jpg

Fabtech_Dirt_Logic_3_inch_Lift_Measurements_2(5).png
I have had a little bit of settlement since the initial install almost 2 years ago after some heavy hauling and very moderate off-roading. Last time I measured, I believe I lost about 1/4-inch of front lift height. I am about to install to my front hidden winch, so probably going to look at different front spring rates to compensate for the added weight.

Racing Woody

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Thank you. Another question. What are your wheel specs. I know 35's, but wheel size and offset? with or without spacers.

thx

Desert Dawg

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
No wheel spacers. The wheels are Black Rhino Duggers 18x8.5 with 0MM offset. I didn't want the tread contact patch outside of the fenders in order to avoid throwing up mud, rock, and road debris onto the truck. The tires are almost fully flush with outside lip of the fenders. A -12MM offset wheel would bring them out another 1/2 inch and still have most of the contact patch within the wheel wells but -18MM offset would definitely push them past.

The thing about aftermarket 18-inch wheels is that they may be a bit touchy trying to clear the front brake calipers. This is a function wheel balancers being used; mine was very tight but they cleared while others could not fit their aftermarket 18-inch wheels at all or had to go with different wheel balancers.

Last edited: