Lift Install Quote

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rebel TR8R

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I want to get your opinion. I know that doing the install on your own does save a lot of money, but not having enough work area, hydraulic lift to make it easier, and a helping hand limits me from going that route. I’m trying to get an idea of a reasonable price for an install, just the labor. I also know that locations/states may vary. I got quoted $680 from one place and $1025 at another. I do believe that you get what you pay for. I always worked on my own things and I’ve installed leveling kits and replaced springs so never have gotten someone to do a job this big on my vehicles. But based on your experience, what do you guys think?

NOV87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
What kind of lift. Simple levelling and rear to match or 4" and up?

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm in the same boat. I want the BDS 6" coil-over kit and my 2 brother in laws want me to do it myself with their help. I was thinking about dropping it off at Maui Off-Road and letting them do everything from lift to wheel alignment. That way, I'd at least get a warranty and not have to worry about finding someone over here to do the alignment. I know there is value in doing it yourself because you really get to know what is going under your rig, but like the idea of letting maui off-road do it all.

So. looking for the same advice...

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did mine in my driveway with the wife. Lifts are simple to install.

If you cant install your own lift kit you should get one .... lol... J/K

OP
OP
Rebel TR8R

Rebel TR8R

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I figured, 8-10 hour install, $1025 with alignment isn't a bad deal. About $100-130/hour is reasonable. Of course results matter with that so I'll find out next week.

NOV87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I would do it myself, taking my time. More expensive doesn't always mean better quality. But, what you feel is right. Good luck.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
First off, it's about a hellovlot more than Price.
It;s not about whether you can or cannot do it yourself.

It;s about what do you want.

I would not get caught up in the various prices submitted.
I would check out work each place has done before.
Recently.
These places tend to lose employees in the short term.

Unless you want to do something in which you little confidence or enthusiasm,
then I would suggest you get it done and go with the warranty.

All kinds of people can do all kinds of stuff.
most of it I have no interest in doing and would rather write a check to have it done.

I like farting around but not getting serious about doing stuff.
Know how to do wuite a bt but just tired of doing it, after decades.
Go with what you think is best.
Listen to your inner voice. it;s usually Right.

OP
OP
Rebel TR8R

Rebel TR8R

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
First off, it's about a hellovlot more than Price.
It;s not about whether you can or cannot do it yourself.

It;s about what do you want.

I would not get caught up in the various prices submitted.
I would check out work each place has done before.
Recently.
These places tend to lose employees in the short term.

Unless you want to do something in which you little confidence or enthusiasm,
then I would suggest you get it done and go with the warranty.

All kinds of people can do all kinds of stuff.
most of it I have no interest in doing and would rather write a check to have it done.

I like farting around but not getting serious about doing stuff.
Know how to do wuite a bt but just tired of doing it, after decades.
Go with what you think is best.
Listen to your inner voice. it;s usually Right.

I respect that. There’s things I would do and things I wouldn’t do. I did my review and honestly already made my decision to have it done.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
I respect that. There’s things I would do and things I wouldn’t do. I did my review and honestly already made my decision to have it done.

What I have often found, is the Labor someone else is going to charge me is a usually much, much less than I value my own Labor.

On a few, rare occasions. i will say Hell, No! I ain't paying that much for such a simple thing." and do it myself.
As I get older, I find those occurrences fewer and farther between.

Got a 33 year old Maytag gas Dryer, I can fix that thing, in my sleep.
Can walk ANYONE through the steps to fix it too and have done so when I was injured and could not do it myself.

Just couple weeks ago, squirrel cage broke, needed replaced.
I was hurt so stood there and told another how to do it.
Descriptive Step, by Step.
Because the Newly purchased, "I just fixed this damn thing 9 years ago & am tired of this crap" Gas Dryer would not be delivered for a week.

You hear that Lawn Mower? Oven? Fridge? All of you?
I'm tired of fixing you pieces of Junk and I value the price of my Labor much more than the store values a new one to replace you with.

Getting does Suck but not everywhere.
Youth has Vitality but, if one is lucky, Age has Wisdom, Robust Bank accounts and outrageously High Credit Limits.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I want to get your opinion. I know that doing the install on your own does save a lot of money, but not having enough work area, hydraulic lift to make it easier, and a helping hand limits me from going that route. I’m trying to get an idea of a reasonable price for an install, just the labor. I also know that locations/states may vary. I got quoted $680 from one place and $1025 at another. I do believe that you get what you pay for. I always worked on my own things and I’ve installed leveling kits and replaced springs so never have gotten someone to do a job this big on my vehicles. But based on your experience, what do you guys think?

$1000 is about the going rate. Majority of the 6" lifts call for 10 hours. You 100% want the installer to take the time to hand torque all the bolts while your truck is on its own weight. The shops that are cheaper either give you a price to get you in the door and add on a bunch of costs or rip through it and tighten all your bolts in the air which will cost you all new rubber bushings in a year or two. A Decent install $1,000-$1400 decent alignment $95-$125. At my shop we care about your truck more than you do. Look around and find a place that prides their work. Rule #1 if they cant keep their shop clean how are they going to do a clean install?