Lift kit, 6 or 4 inch lift!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ilovemyramlaremie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
14CB11CA-EE1D-4CE7-B986-D57C0E44AF67.png 9AA7D7A2-7DC5-4DE9-8E5F-4486AA369DEB.png BB6B0435-E702-4961-8685-61D111E8DC03.jpeg AC4339E9-6C31-458D-B024-F95BAF4E7979.png So I’m ready to take the plunge on getting the 6 inch lift kit for my 2010 ram laremie 1500 4x4 crew cab
I’ve been debating between the 4 inch and the 6 inch lift, been looking at a lot of pictures, I’m leaning on the 6 inch lift, I have 20x 10 wheels now, with 285/60/ 20 tires, belstine 5100 set at 2.1, rides perfect for me.
My question is , if I get the 6 inch lift, and I don’t get the pre load spacer installed, will it be a 5 inch lift? Can it be installed without the pre load spacer? Here are a couple pictures the way it seats now!!
any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Yes I’ve been de chroming for a while lol

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just curious is there a reason you wouldnt want to run the full 6" of lift? We have so many customers who had a 4" kit and came to us going to a 6" kit. Cost wise the difference is minimal between a 4" and a 6". We highly recommend the Zone or the Superlift. you can reuse your bilsteins i nthe front too!

Message me if you would like a quote on anything.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
View attachment 232259 View attachment 232260 View attachment 232261 View attachment 232262 So I’m ready to take the plunge on getting the 6 inch lift kit for my 2010 ram laremie 1500 4x4 crew cab
I’ve been debating between the 4 inch and the 6 inch lift, been looking at a lot of pictures, I’m leaning on the 6 inch lift, I have 20x 10 wheels now, with 285/60/ 20 tires, belstine 5100 set at 2.1, rides perfect for me.
My question is , if I get the 6 inch lift, and I don’t get the pre load spacer installed, will it be a 5 inch lift? Can it be installed without the pre load spacer? Here are a couple pictures the way it seats now!!
any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Yes I’ve been de chroming for a while lol

i normally recommend doing the Zone 6” are you strictly looking for height or do you want an upgrade in ride quality as well?

VelocityC6Z

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Go 6" exactly like Nick said. Lots of people regret not going 6". Most commonly people go with 4" if they do have height issues, like garage doors, parking garages, etc,. If you don't have those issues, there's no real reason to not do the extra 2". The geometry is there in the parts from zone to get you right in either 4 or 6.

Also, he failed to mention that he offers the best pricing you'll find anywhere. So, definitely message him. As a sponsor and vendor on the forum, you really should take advantage of his prices.

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Go 6" exactly like Nick said. Lots of people regret not going 6". Most commonly people go with 4" if they do have height issues, like garage doors, parking garages, etc,. If you don't have those issues, there's no real reason to not do the extra 2". The geometry is there in the parts from zone to get you right in either 4 or 6.

Also, he failed to mention that he offers the best pricing you'll find anywhere. So, definitely message him. As a sponsor and vendor on the forum, you really should take advantage of his prices.

You are correct .... If I’da known when I built the house, I’da put an 8’ garage door in, and definitely done a 6” lift .... Sittin in the driveway in Ohio winters not an option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VelocityC6Z

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My father actually put a 4" lift on on the summer which gave him about an inch of lift.... in the summer.

In the winter, with snow piled in front of the garage door, he lost his XM radio signal. If you catch my drift lol...

Shortly after he went with a 6" lift.

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
My father actually put a 4" lift on on the summer which gave him about an inch of lift.... in the summer.

In the winter, with snow piled in front of the garage door, he lost his XM radio signal. If you catch my drift lol...

Shortly after he went with a 6" lift.

Mine’s 2012, so I got the flat puck, not the shark fin, but we got 9” of snow Christmas eve .... You can be damn sure I shovel before pullin in or out .... Don’t wanna modify my roof .... Lol

VelocityC6Z

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine’s 2012, so I got the flat puck, not the shark fin, but we got 9” of snow Christmas eve .... You can be damn sure I shovel before pullin in or out .... Don’t wanna modify my roof .... Lol

Haha yea, he only made that mistake once.

OP
OP
ilovemyramlaremie

ilovemyramlaremie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Just curious is there a reason you wouldnt want to run the full 6" of lift? We have so many customers who had a 4" kit and came to us going to a 6" kit. Cost wise the difference is minimal between a 4" and a 6". We highly recommend the Zone or the Superlift. you can reuse your bilsteins i nthe front too!

Message me if you would like a quote on anything.
Thanks Nick. My only reason for considering the 4 in lift was because I was thinking I would more proportional with a 34 in tires. But I’m definitely going with 6 inch lift. I keep reading that the RC lift kit isn’t recommended from many, mainly do to the low quality shocks. My truck is basically a pavement queen, no off road.
will definitely contact you before ordering. Thanks again

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I like to upgrade in the ride quality if it possible.

If you want a fantastic ride I’d have @Nick@GotExhaust set you up with a zone 6” lift with 3” rear coils paired with Fox 2.0 shocks and the bds/fox 2.5 coil overs for the front. That will be a full lift with no spacers used.
Another option if you don’t want to spring for the 2.5 coil overs would be to upgrade your billsteins to the 6112’s (this second option is what @JB1 is running on his gorgeous rig.)
I run the fox 2.5’s on my truck and absolutely love them

Midknight

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm also in the process of looking at lifts. Nick has been very helpful so far answering my volley of questions. With regards to 6112s, good luck finding these anytime soon. I was leaning the same way but now having to rethink the fox setup.

OP
OP
ilovemyramlaremie

ilovemyramlaremie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
If you want a fantastic ride I’d have @Nick@GotExhaust set you up with a zone 6” lift with 3” rear coils paired with Fox 2.0 shocks and the bds/fox 2.5 coil overs for the front. That will be a full lift with no spacers used.
Another option if you don’t want to spring for the 2.5 coil overs would be to upgrade your billsteins to the 6112’s (this second option is what @JB1 is running on his gorgeous rig.)
Thanks quick shifter. Definitely considering those options