Lift options with air ride.

Discussion in 'Lifted' started by jagzsr, May 10, 2019.

1. jagzsr

jagzsr Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    I have a 2017 1500 Limited with the factory Air ride. I would like to add a small lift. What are my options?
    Right now I am running my stock 20” Limited wheels with 275-65-20 K02s, I would like to stick with these rims and tires for now, they only have about 5000kms on them. Maybe new rims and 35s down the road.

2. Rebel-416

Rebel-416 Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    There’s no love for the air ride on this forum lol. I think BDS is the only option, I ordered the 4” myself but my stock 17’s won’t fit after so waiting until I pick up a set of 20x10’s. The BDS lift is highly regarded from all the research I’ve done but it isn’t cheap.

jagzsr likes this.
  3. BWL

BWL Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    hemi 5.7
    Some of the guys on the rebel forum have successfully lifted using the same spacers as the coil trucks, but they all say not for air suspension. Also the revel links that trick the air ride into raising the truck so you can leave it at OR2 height, but that lowers the payload on the bags since it raises the bag pressure to do it and makes the ride bouncier. I have a 2017 limited with air ride and the same size tires you have and have looked into it as well. Also of note you can eliminate the air and go with a standard coil suspension if the system gives you trouble down the road. If I still have mine out of warranty and need expensive suspension work I'll do a 2.5" lift with king coilovers up front and thuren progressive coils with fox 2.5 shocks out back most likely unless there's a better option at the time.

jagzsr likes this.
  4. Dice

Dice Member Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    The leveling links from CFT are what I did. 35s fit fine. I hear a lot of people that have never used the links to level say it ruins the ride. I noticed no difference at all.

jagzsr likes this.
  5. TC323i

TC323i Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    There are 3 options that I know of. The leveling links, BDS 4”, and AEV 4”. I would recommend an actual lift kit as the leveling links tend to harshen the ride moderately.

jagzsr likes this.
  6. jagzsr

jagzsr Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    I ordered a set for the front, I will try that first.
    If the ride quality drops way off I might add a 2.5" lift. That should get the ride quality back to stock.

7. jagzsr

jagzsr Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Thanks for all the relies!!

8. Seoul Brother

Seoul Brother Junior Member

Ram Year:
    2014 Ram 1500
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    Here is my 2014 Laramie Longhorn with the Daystar KC09113BK 2.5" leveling spacers in the front. You have to either buy the Revel links or make your own out of all thread and the threaded ball socket ends because the lift sensor will not be at the right position and it will not fill the air strut completely. Mine are set at 3.6" in the front and the rear auto leveled with the stock links. I'm running 35/11.50.20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on stock Longhorn wheels with no spacers. Rides as nice as it did stock.

truck.jpg

olyelr and jagzsr like this.
  9. AeroMech

AeroMech Junior Member

Ram Year:
    2013... then 2016... then 2017
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    I think that's the next upgrade for my truck. I'd like to get rid of that front rake!