Lift Recommendations for 2021 Ram 1500 Laramie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

doughboyrow

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just purchased a new Ram 1500 Laramie and am excited to get the truck lifted. I want to do something similar to the picture below. I assume that is a 6 inch lift. I wont really be doing any off-roading so that's not really a consideration. Any recommendations on lifts, tires, and wheels is greatly appreciated.

Ram Lifted truck.jpg

CincyZach

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Here’s a link to my lift thread. I’m super happy with it. Contact Nick@gotexhaust for the best price on whatever you decide. He is a vender on here and gives discounts to members.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Congrats on your new RAM. that looks like a 6" kit. We can get you set up with something that will fit your needs. I would recommend the Zone 6" kit with Fox adventure series rear shocks. That will give you the amount of lift you would like while also providing very good on road ride comfort. Message me if you would like to get a quote on this lift or any other.

Flynight

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Please don't slam me I am just asking.... I see these beautiful lifted trucks at the dealers great paint with what I am guessing is 6" or 8" lift for $100,000+. Are they doing this just for looks? Surely they don't take these gorgeous trucks out in the dirt and rough terrain. I can't imagine taking my new pretty truck and getting it all scratched up. For you guys that have older trucks and put a 6" lift on it what does that do to the ride. It has to be a rough ride, Am I wrong? I am an old guy, very particular about my truck if I get a scratch on it I go into mourning of weeks. I'm 71 years old. I'm old school and I like chrome. I know I am completely out of touch with the younger generation. So...Just asking.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Please don't slam me I am just asking.... I see these beautiful lifted trucks at the dealers great paint with what I am guessing is 6" or 8" lift for $100,000+. Are they doing this just for looks? Surely they don't take these gorgeous trucks out in the dirt and rough terrain. I can't imagine taking my new pretty truck and getting it all scratched up. For you guys that have older trucks and put a 6" lift on it what does that do to the ride. It has to be a rough ride, Am I wrong? I am an old guy, very particular about my truck if I get a scratch on it I go into mourning of weeks. I'm 71 years old. I'm old school and I like chrome. I know I am completely out of touch with the younger generation. So...Just asking.
Yea i would say that a large percentage of people do it purely for looks.

A lifted truck does not necessarily ride bad. Depending on tires and if done right, it could ride even better than stock.

And yes. Some people have absolutely no prob beating up a $100k vehicle.

IDSandman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Flynight, Lifted rigs look cool, to a point. Personally anything over 4” looks silly. I like leveled as I tow a 20’ bass boat and lifted trucks tow like chit. As far as using my truck, absolutely, do I trash it? No. Do I cry when I get a scratch, depends on how deep and long, lol. I own a truck to use it like a truck, not abuse it. I hunt and fish some out of the way places so it will see some branches, brush and mud. **** buffs out.
Most trucks these days are pavement queens who see only maybe a gravel road every now and then, we call them mall crawlers, my girlfriend calls them small ***** syndrome. Lol.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I don’t have any towing issues. 19 foot trailers with quads and dirt bikes, travel campers, enclosed trailers etc. 35C265CE-EA46-4A9F-BFF9-9897B45D43EE.jpeg
truck gets used and abused and most likely still one of the cleanest. Not to mention it’s a 2012. Everyone is different with tastes and what they think is cool or looks good. We’re all here to learn and educate one another with what their version of cool is.