Lifted 2wd sway bar problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
All the link is is a long bolt. Get you some “all thread” from your favorite hardware store cut it to length you want. Put 2 nuts on one end ant lock them together. Assemble as you would normally. Don’t forget you may need a length of proper fitting pipe also.
When your done you’ll have longer sway bar links

I Love My 2018 RAM 2500HD 4x4 6.4L
Mod list: Pedal Commander, AVS Vent shades, Solo Delete kit, molar side step rails

Neurotix82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (345)
Rough Country has a 6" lift for 2wd 04's that include sway bar end links. They have a chat on their website where I'm sure support can point you towards ordering them separately.

There's no way to get stock sized end links to work. I tried everything and, at that time, was only putting some small lift cups on the springs. The end links snap like twigs.

I heard about people fabricating blocks to relocate (drop) the sway bar mounts down.. essentially making it as if the sway bar was never lifted, but I'm skeptical.

The only other end links I've found (I searched hard for a long time) were online, and they were adjustable like a turnbuckle.. but they were well over 100 bucks and it wasn't too reassuring when I could never get a reply from support.

Rough Country will rely almost immediately during business hours. I believe they also have an option for someone to text you, but not positive. I'm 100% about the live chat, though.

If you search your model truck on amazon and include "Rough Country 6" with the search, you'll be able to see the end links I'm talking about in one of the pics.

Edit: You're also going to have a hard time finding shocks that aren't stock. Same thing for shocks as I mentioned for end links, but if you know the length and travel you're after, "KYB Monomax" has a website that lists all shock part numbers to their dimensions. Personally, I can't wait to pull mine off and get the RC shocks on, though. Monomax rides extremely stiff.. and after almost two years, they are still way too stiff. And I do a lot of heavy hauling and trailer towing..

Just stick with RC.

OP
OP
02ramboi

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
I have the blocks to drop my sway bar they aren’t that bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mwardncsu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
what amount of lift does this become a problem? About to put a 3" RC suspension lift on a 1500 2WD - any need to change anything beside what is in the kit

OP
OP
02ramboi

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
what amount of lift does this become a problem? About to put a 3" RC suspension lift on a 1500 2WD - any need to change anything beside what is in the kit

A little longer ends won’t be to bad to level out your sway bar once you lift it

mwardncsu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A little longer ends won’t be to bad to level out your sway bar once you lift it

02ramboi - sorry, but a little longer ends of what?