Lifter cam swap PARTS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fadetoblack188

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Ok so I am getting ready to change the lifters and cam on my truck. Is there a kit you guys would recommend for lifter and cams?

I feel if I put new Mopar parts in I may run into the same exact issues with the lifter failure.

Thoughts?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Ok so I am getting ready to change the lifters and cam on my truck. Is there a kit you guys would recommend for lifter and cams?

I feel if I put new Mopar parts in I may run into the same exact issues with the lifter failure.

Thoughts?
Your best bet is to ask who-ever you're planning on buying your cam off,give them your truck specs,including weight/gears/current and future mods/driving style and what you want out of the truck etc., then go with what they reconmend.
Matt Fikac at Moes
Ryan Hogan at FRP
MMX etc,are places to start

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Moe’s Performance now has a full kit. Gaskets to bolts. Its cheaper than FRP. Believe me I checked. I bought my kit off MMX and had to source additional parts to make it complete. Matt came out with the kit a week later…meh. My cam/lifters adventure starts Thursday night!

SD2020

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Following this as my truck is down at the moment. Cylinder 3. The VVT is clean. Trying to get a kit figured out. ( I am in Canada )
I had been looking at the MMX MDS lifter delete kit, not sure about the no tune cam upgrade claims. I sent questions to them a couple days ago but I better just phone.
Will look up FRP.

BrBlack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
bought a kit off of Jay Greene a couple of years back. Did timing chain/tensioner and water/oil pumps too. Only thing I regret not doing at the same time as install was valve seals.

SD2020

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It’s interesting how each company includes different things in the kits. Exhaust and valve cover gaskets in one, timing chain parts in the other. (MMX/FRP)

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
It’s interesting how each company includes different things in the kits. Exhaust and valve cover gaskets in one, timing chain parts in the other. (MMX/FRP)
Matt Fikac at Moes has one of the better kits available,as i think he's including pretty well everything needed to swap a cam in a Hemi.
Chris Zelinsky at Player 3 Performance Tuning in Edmonton is a TSP dealer,just don't use TSP's lifters,bite the bullet and buy the OEM lifters,they aren't cheap,but far better then having to jerk the heads off and re-do the lifters down the road

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Matt Fikac at Moes has one of the better kits available,as i think he's including pretty well everything needed to swap a cam in a Hemi.
Chris Zelinsky at Player 3 Performance Tuning in Edmonton is a TSP dealer,just don't use TSP's lifters,bite the bullet and buy the OEM lifters,they aren't cheap,but far better then having to jerk the heads off and re-do the lifters down the road
Yeah, Matt has the complete kit now. I should've waited a week…but he hooked me up with a bunch of extra stuff. I will send you some pics Rick