Lifter won’t charge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

Mysfyt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I don’t think we’ll ever know what the issue was with that head other than something in the geometry wasn’t right. Lots of people telling me they never heard of such a thing including me.

Dan98

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don’t think we’ll ever know what the issue was with that head other than something in the geometry wasn’t right. Lots of people telling me they never heard of such a thing including me.
Well hopefully this salves the issue. I imagine your grandson is excited to get behind the wheel by now.

OP
OP
M

Mysfyt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Finally!!! Purrr purrr purrr! I've been working on this issue since February and today we confirmed it was the head. Here is a video of the engine plus I did a little walk around to show you the whole project. If you people would like, I'll start another thread covering the whole project. I took a lot of pictures along the way.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't remember if you ever said, but on that one cylinder - was the lifter preload (before running) enough that you couldn't spin the push rod?

I have used EQ heads and had bought but didn't get a chance to use a set of CIFIC heads. EQ ports are larger and killed low rpm power, the CIFIC used standard stock ports with harden insert ex. valve seats - machining look better on them than on the EQ.

OP
OP
M

Mysfyt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I don't remember if you ever said, but on that one cylinder - was the lifter preload (before running) enough that you couldn't spin the push rod?

I have used EQ heads and had bought but didn't get a chance to use a set of CIFIC heads. EQ ports are larger and killed low rpm power, the CIFIC used standard stock ports with harden insert ex. valve seats - machining look better on them than on the EQ.

On TDC you could not spin the pushrod. The head was an ITM brand btw.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That is a strange problem, that's for sure.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
This can not just be a one off, there must be more of these out there ,making people crazy.

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
That sounds sweet now. I want to do the rocker panels and cab corners on mine. Love to see some more pictures or a write up on that.

OP
OP
M

Mysfyt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
That sounds sweet now. I want to do the rocker panels and cab corners on mine. Love to see some more pictures or a write up on that.

Will do. I’ll be gone for a week but I’ll start a new thread. What category should I post it in?

LoneWolf3574

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Will do. I’ll be gone for a week but I’ll start a new thread. What category should I post it in?
The 3rd Gen DIY section might be best for something like that in my opinion. I'm sure there are a number of folks that would like to do it but have no idea where to start.