Lifting 4x2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T3xas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is anyone lifting their 4x2 ram 1500’s? I can find leveling kits and rough country, which I really hated on my last truck. Carli and CJC don’t offer 2wd kits and I really want to go at least 4 inches, but I want to do it right. This is my daily driver and I have an 11 month old that rides with me every day. My goal is to get a better ride quality while also getting the better clearance Incase I need it.

Thanks in advance

Maxtrac Suspension

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Is anyone lifting their 4x2 ram 1500’s? I can find leveling kits and rough country, which I really hated on my last truck. Carli and CJC don’t offer 2wd kits and I really want to go at least 4 inches, but I want to do it right. This is my daily driver and I have an 11 month old that rides with me every day. My goal is to get a better ride quality while also getting the better clearance Incase I need it.

Thanks in advance

We offer 4.5" & 7" lift kits for the Ram 1500 2wd trucks. You can check them out here if you'd like...

http://www.maxtracsuspension.com/09-15-dodge-ram-1500-2wd-4-5-lift-kit-w-maxtrac-shocks.html

http://www.maxtracsuspension.com/ma...5-7-hemi-7-4-5-lift-kit-w-maxtrac-shocks.html

15 Handicap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Blue Streak Pearl Coat 3.6

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For what i've seen there are 2"-2.5" coil springs to lift the front from Rough Country CST and Maxtrac for the 2wd trucks. Lift will be based on trim and motor due to weight. if you want more, you can get 4" lift spindles. There is also spacers but i have no idea about that realm, Fox, CST, Maxtrac, Bilstein etc, have shocks that are 2" longer than stock that will accomodate the springs so for level 2wd truck you have some nice options.
I think for the V6 you want to get aftermarket UCA's because the springs might lift your truck above 2.5" and the factory UCAs might not be enough to give you a good alignment, i don't have a 2wd truck so i'm not sure about this.

iHemiMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
Maxtrac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fearroyo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Planning and budgeting for the 4.5 maxtrac lift on my 2017 BH Quad 2wd.

I am keeping my stock chrome wheels, which in researching are supposed to be 20x9 +19mm offset.

I would like to run 35s on the wheels after the lift, will spacers be required to prevent rubbing? If so, all four corners or just rear? I've read the fronts get pushed out some and people have used spacers on just the rear to match the front but only for looks not necessity.

Finally, Will that lift kit still keep some rake and not fully level (I prefer the rake, especially since I tow a boat).

Thanks in advance!

Maxtrac Suspension

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Planning and budgeting for the 4.5 maxtrac lift on my 2017 BH Quad 2wd.

I am keeping my stock chrome wheels, which in researching are supposed to be 20x9 +19mm offset.

I would like to run 35s on the wheels after the lift, will spacers be required to prevent rubbing? If so, all four corners or just rear? I've read the fronts get pushed out some and people have used spacers on just the rear to match the front but only for looks not necessity.

Finally, Will that lift kit still keep some rake and not fully level (I prefer the rake, especially since I tow a boat).

Thanks in advance!

You can definitely reuse your stock rims with our Ram kits and you can run a 35x12.50 tire on there without the need for wheel spacers/adapters. You're right about the front end, it gets pushed out 1" per side and that is why some guys will run spacers on the rear but it's all aesthetic. The 4.5" lift kit will leave the rear of the truck sitting approximately 1" taller so yes, you will retain about an inch of rake. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

fearroyo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
You can definitely reuse your stock rims with our Ram kits and you can run a 35x12.50 tire on there without the need for wheel spacers/adapters. You're right about the front end, it gets pushed out 1" per side and that is why some guys will run spacers on the rear but it's all aesthetic. The 4.5" lift kit will leave the rear of the truck sitting approximately 1" taller so yes, you will retain about an inch of rake. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

Awesome, thanks for the quick response! Hopefully tax time will be good to me!