Lifting a stock air ride: possible?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thebambam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ED
Hi group, does anyone know how to do about a 2" lift with a stock air suspension? I am aware of the complete replacement of the suspension + lift, but I'm looking for a 2" spacer/lift suggestion. So far I've not seen any products that state they will fit air suspension.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Hi group, does anyone know how to do about a 2" lift with a stock air suspension? I am aware of the complete replacement of the suspension + lift, but I'm looking for a 2" spacer/lift suggestion. So far I've not seen any products that state they will fit air suspension.
There are options but very few. Air ride in general is not friendly to modification’s although the concept seems very basic and easy. Most skip the expensive route and go coil springs

T. Anders

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you're only looking for 2 inches, you can change to shorter air suspension links. Takes about 5 minutes per side to install.

These are the ones I used.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Some of the guys on the rebel forum have done it with daystar spacers. They say not for air ride, but apparently do work.

T. Anders

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's my understanding that the daystar spacers do not set the ride height on an air suspension truck. If you install only the spacers the computer will deflate the air bags until the normal ride height is obtained. The ride height is set by the air suspension links. If you install shorter links the computer will inflate the bags more, hence lifting the truck. The ride, however will suffer as you're now riding on higher inflated bags. The guys on the Rebel forum are installing both the spacers and the shorter links. The spacers take up the space so that the air bags do not need to overinflate, hence giving you the desired lift with a stock like ride.

I installed only the shorter links to level the front and , thus far, and the truck still seems to ride fairly well. I bought the Daystar spacers as well, but I still haven't decided whether to install them as I haven't noticed the ride changing too much with the links.

Ram1.jpg