Light control that does not appear to work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aussie-John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi V8
Hello All,

So we have a new Laramie 22 model, and I have a dial under the steering wheel that does not appear to do anything. I can hear it making a sound that appears to come from the headlights, but nothing actually happens. Can't seem to find it in the manual either. Any ideas?

1658735793711.png

14 Lonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That looks like an adjustment knob for the headlights depending on the load in the bed or trailering. The zero would be for no load and 1-3 are used based on the weight of the load in the bed or trailering. Have you tried adjusting it at night aimed at a wall to see what happens?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Aussie-John

Aussie-John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi V8
Yeah I have. Lots of noise like something whirring, but nothing changes.

OP
OP
Aussie-John

Aussie-John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi V8
SO.. Update...

It does adjust the headlights up and down, only it was unplugged. Sales guy said he has checked some others and the same. Maybe a leglislation issue that prevents them from being used down here. Anyways... Mine works now! :)

Aussie-BG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi Aussie John - where did you find it was unplugged? Would you be able to post a photo?

Regards
Aussie BG

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
You said you heard sound coming from the headlights. I'm just curious how anything at all was happening if the switch was unplugged. :hmm:

I'm also curious about that switch. I don't remember seeing that on any of the 5th gens we've owned (2019 thru 2021 models).