Lightning bolt and check engine light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MichaelM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6l
2017 ram 1500 3.6l v6
Check engine light with codes P2172, P0108, P0175, p0172, p1dd2
RED LIGHTING BOLT!!!
I’m looking for any suggestions to help fix this problem, thank you so much to anyone who decides to reply, I’m new to the forum and happy to be here! Thanks

star_deceiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Has the throttle body or map sensor come unplugged? Blown/loose fuses for them? Plugs on the pcm?

Are your battery cable terminals and ground to the frame clean and tight? Is this still the original battery?

OP
OP
M

MichaelM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6l
Thanks for the reply, I looked into it more today and I monitored the live data with my scan tool while moving the map sensor wires around and noticed the values freezed, and the engine sounded like it was about to choke out, I found a sweet spot for the map sensor and the lightning bolt is gone for now, the map sensor is 2 weeks old, maybe bad from the manufacturer or a bad o-ring? I’ll keep you updated thanks again

Madriko

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
BUMP!

Hey sorry to bring up an older thread, but was the fix a MAP sensor? I'm having the same issue and it is only happening when the temperature is warmer outside (55 degrees and warmer). As long as it is cold truck runs fine and even clears the cel. This all started after a camshaft and lifter replacement.
any suggestions are welcome