Limited leather question (s)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tempotantrum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi all-

Really liking my 2017 Limited. Enough that I committed to the Maxcare lifetime warranty and adding Xpel to the front and hood. I had what might be a dumb question about the interior- is it all leather including the dash? If there is any pleather on the seats I can’t even tell. Even the dash appears to be real leather. If it is pleather- it’s a great copy. Just wondering so that I treat it right - I imagine replacing it would be damn expensive. Thanks

rvj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar
The Limited is supposedly all Leather seats with no pleather mixed in. I'm not sure about the dashboard though. Most monroney stickers will say leather trimmed or appointed seats, but the limited monroney says Leather seats.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
My 18 Laramie is pretty loaded with the leather heated and cooled seats. The seats are leather for sure but the dash is just molded plastic that looks like leather with the stitching. Doors are the same I believe.

racerx909

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone know if the leather is coated or uncoated? Anyone else experiencing color fading? A couple of high use areas like the door handle and parts of the steering wheel are starting to lose their color. 50k miles, so not a ton of use.

CBTBOB

U.S. Army Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have an 18 Southfork Edition Longhorn. Leather seats, console, dash, grab handles and real wood on the doors, console, and dash.

Kinetic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you want to know if leather is coated put a couple drops of water on it, if it just sits on top, it's coated, if it absorbs into the leather, it's uncoated.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Pretty sure all leather in new autos are coated. It’s funny bc everyone gets leather cleaner and conditioner and since the leather is coated they aren’t doing $hit lol.

Kinetic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Pretty sure all leather in new autos are coated. It’s funny bc everyone gets leather cleaner and conditioner and since the leather is coated they aren’t doing $hit lol.

No, not all. For example, Napa Leather isn't coated and it's very nice.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
No, not all. For example, Napa Leather isn't coated and it's very nice.
Does nappa leather come in our rams? Most companies use coated leather due to wear and longevity. Every auto I’ve seen has had coated leather. But then again I don’t mess with high end imports much lol.

Kinetic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does nappa leather come in our rams? Most companies use coated leather due to wear and longevity. Every auto I’ve seen has had coated leather. But then again I don’t mess with high end imports much lol.

i don't think any truck would have Nappa Leather, but i could be wrong. It's a great leather though, a simple wipe with a damp towel is all you need to maintain it.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think the king ranch f150 seats are uncoated. Not a great idea for a truck IMHO.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk