Limp Mode 2014 Ram 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bcrickard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have a 2014 Ram 2500 with a 6.4 hemi. I have a new engine in it, along with a new transmission, a new TCM, and a new computer, but it is still going into limp mode and burning up my transmission. Ram cannot fix it, and they have no clue what is causing the issue. Any help would be much appreciated, please.

Dr. Righteous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Wow. Tough one. I'll related some transmission oddities I have run into that might give you an idea.

Had a '94 Grand Cherokee that had some odd tranny problems. Intermittently it would preform very sluggishly and not shift correctly. First I replaced all the electric valves and solenoids in the tranny because over all the tranny seemed healthy mechanically. Didn't fix anything. I bit the bullet and took it to the tranny shop for a rebuild. After the rebuild had the same issue. Took it back and they replaced the portion of the wiring harness that connect externally to the transmission. Go it back. Same issue.
Finally they replace small internal wiring harness. That finally fix it. The wiring was inspected during the rebuild and everything looked and checked good but it just would work reliably. "Fire the parts cannon" isn't the best method to fix something but this was an old ODB1 vehicle without advanced build in diagnostics and the problem was very intermittent on top of that.
I was starting to wonder if it was worth fixing at all but I guess it was. I later sold it to my brother in law and he still has it. Thinking back that was 16 years ago.

Last edited: