Line Out Converter question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Japslapr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Adding subs but dont have the Alpine sub, so no signal back there. Would rather not pull the head unit out... where am I getting the signal from?

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
Rear speakers. I've heard of people tapping one side. I'd do both, but that's just me.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Rear speakers. I've heard of people tapping one side. I'd do both, but that's just me.
I did the rear passenger...why do both (just curious)?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
I did the rear passenger...why do both (just curious)?

I've got a few tracks on vinyl that i know bounce bass from left to right. I found this by accident after recording the vinyl to wav in mono. It was very strange to hear a song without the other channel. I was used to hearing the song standing between some large PA speakers that filled the space and hid the stereo bass aspect. Its probably not a common occurrence for most. But for me knowing it could happen is enough for me to tap both sides to ensure i get all the audio.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I agree, I did this because it was convenient in my setup but the kicker drop in sub taps driver front and the factory Alpine sub box I added taps passenger rear.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
All I have is the rear door speakers, so from between the doors/pillar? You remember what color wires? Anything, lol?
I think the wires are green but it'll be obvious because they will be the only twisted pair in the B pillar wire bundle.

It's really easy to get to as well. Once you're tapped, just run the signal wires where you need them using the channel under the door sills...