Lock button pinch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bj Binette

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, how many of you have gotten pinched by those stupid door lock buttons as your taking off?
It got my wife yesterday and I LMAO! So now the count is me, my oldest son (which got both of us at the same time) and my wife. One more son to go and my daughter.
Yeah I know, I could just disable auto lock but I don't want to
I'm pretty sure RAM designed this on purpose because the back door buttons don't go all the way down.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
aside from disabling the auto door lock one could try using the arm rest on the door, that's sorta what it's there for. :oops:

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
aside from disabling the auto door lock one could try using the arm rest on the door, that's sorta what it's there for. :oops:
The arm rest is too low for me and wife. Been that way since my first 2003 ram.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
When i climb in my Ram, i belt the seat belt, i adjust the seat position, i close the door & use the drivers side Master Control Switch to lock the door, i don't wait for the truck to reach 5 mph to lock itself.

My seat is also close to the dash, i am only 5' 8"

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Yeah, this is an old subject covered many times before. It gets a lot of people, although it does seem to get passengers more often than drivers. It gets my wife periodically.

-K

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
It's never gotten me, and honestly I'm not sure how it could. Are your windows down when this happens? I'm 6'1" and have the seat set back pretty far. I also rest my arm on the window sill at times, but never have the windows down.

For the life of me I can't figure out why they even bother with having those anymore. They're recessed too far when locked to use for unlocking, and there are other ways to lock the door(s).