Locked rear seat post and middle seat belt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

osprey92

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I removed my rear seat in a 2017 Tradesman Crew to address water intrusion. Now that is fixed, I went to install the seat but one of the support legs has moved 45 deg upward from parallel and I cannot figure out how to being it back to level. Any knowledge you can share will be much appreciated.

Also, any videos info on how to release the middle seat belt. The videos I saw on line didn't match the seatbelt I have installed.

Happy Holidays!

OP
OP
O

osprey92

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's resolved. I reinstalled the seat with bringing the other leg up to match the incline of the other. Once installed, the seat went up with no issues, then I folded down the top (seat mod) and everything is good. There must be a spring and gear tensioner in the seat leg that requires the seat to be moved as one unit for the seat to pivot freely.

Seatbelt when bolted down is in the correct position for the tension to be released and the belt to extend. Geez... the time I spent trying to get the friggin cover off the spring tensioner.