Locker Bypass Installed: Abel Components

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
View attachment 222740

I just installed the nanny kill switch and locker bypass switch (I still have to label the switches). I've already tested the locker bypass, but I'm curious to see how driving with the nanny safeties disabled will be.

Its night and day better off road in my opinion. Even in low range when the factory “apparently” has the stuff shut off, you can still get feedback through the brakes and traction control...not with the switch flipped.

However, most of the time while driving on the road I keep all that stuff on.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
View attachment 222740

I just installed the nanny kill switch and locker bypass switch (I still have to label the switches). I've already tested the locker bypass, but I'm curious to see how driving with the nanny safeties disabled will be.

oh, and you went with the safety switch for the locker bypass too eh! Nice! That was my idea when david was making those...i asked if he could do that as i was a little leery of it getting accidentally turned on by someone else not knowing better...highly unlikely, but you never know.

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
I have the locker bypass (***** ****!) and just purchased his sway bar bypass this evening.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is it bad that I’ve had the locker and sway bar kits since April and haven’t installed them? Lol I could have used them a few times already. The nanny kill is interesting to me also. I just ordered airbags so maybe I’ll put all these kits on at the same time.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is it bad that I’ve had the locker and sway bar kits since April and haven’t installed them? Lol I could have used them a few times already. The nanny kill is interesting to me also. I just ordered airbags so maybe I’ll put all these kits on at the same time.

That would be a good days work that ended up with quite an upgraded wagon at the end of the day!

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That would be a good days work that ended up with quite an upgraded wagon at the end of the day!
Need to not be lazy and get it done already. I will wait for the bags to come and then step on it. I need the bags so it will motivate me

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
Such an easy install on both, shouldn't take anymore than a few hours. The hardest part is running the rear locker plug and zip tying it in place.

After i redo my wiring for my lighting and switch setup the nanny kill switch is my next buy

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Such an easy install on both, shouldn't take anymore than a few hours. The hardest part is running the rear locker plug and zip tying it in place.

After i redo my wiring for my lighting and switch setup the nanny kill switch is my next buy

What’s the price and what Does the install look like on the kill switch?

PWBOI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Will this cause any of the traction control lights to stay on once installed??

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
What’s the price and what Does the install look like on the kill switch?
It looks crazy easy Just a plug and play relay that shuts off your traction control/ABS. looks like he uses a fuse to tap off of and basically jumps it to relay to shut it on and off using your switch. So literally looks like the hardest part is running your switch. He's charging 75 shipped for it, seems like he just got it working for the 19+ guys.
He says in the link your ABS light will come on that let you know that Killswitch is working if you flip your switch and turn it off your truck should function as factory and dash warning lights will go off

here's a link to the registry forum if you want to read up on the thread...

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...&share_fid=46274&share_type=t&link_source=app

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just when you flick the switch to use it. The dash lights up like a Christmas tree.
Think that’s a good think so you don’t have it on by mistake

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Think that’s a good think so you don’t have it on by mistake

Yes. I agree.

Also, whats great is you can simply flick it on and off at any time with no issues. I had a similar setup for my rubicon, but when I shut the switch off I would have to shut the motor off before it turned the system back on. Was kinda annoying...not so bad with a manual trans though as I could still do it while driving down the road.

MoPowered

Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Okay how in the hell do you order one? Every time I look for it it’s like I don’t see how to order or how much it cost’s. Someone help me out here. Been looking for years now and I gave up on it. Might have Tom see if Rough Country makes one, lol.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just emailed him to add the kill switch. Lol oh boy