Locker Down console safe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Silver Goose

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500 Larame Longhorn
Engine
Cummings 6.7 Diesel
Thanks for the information I was unaware of the product.

I hope you get your weapon back, serial number?

Larry

OP
OP
wisconsinwalter
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the information I was unaware of the product.

I hope you get your weapon back, serial number?

Larry

Thanks, police have all the info. I pray no one gets hurt with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RJW1911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I looked at the Lockerdown, Consoevault, and Tuffy, but decided on the E&G classics. Just felt more secure with an actual metal backing plate attachment through the bottom of the console. Wasn't sure about just self tapping screws into plastic.
i call it the Court room because there's a Judge in there.
https://www.carid.com/eg-classics/console-lock-vault.html

Jerseybob175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After reviewing the comments and checking with other owners, I went with the Lock'er Down safe. I had just missed the Xmas sale and decided to give them a call for pricing. I spoke with a very friendly and professional woman who verified my year make and model (17 1500 crew cab WITHOUT the CD player) to match me up with the right model safe and options. When I mentioned I was looking for another holiday code she was kind enough to give me a 10% discount on the order! The safe went out and all the tracking info was emailed to me. It arrived today in a well packed box . Once open and inspected there was no damage and came with simple to read directions. Total install time was under 15 minutes. I also purchased one of the 35lb. coated magnets to attach to one of the inside safe walls to secure my weapon from moving around. As a retired LEO with more than 25 years, I am confident this product will secure my weapon,magazines and belongings out of sight, in the lower level of the two level console.
I encourage you to reach out by telephone and order directly from them. You never know when you will get that same 10% discount for taking the time to call.

PS. I am not affiliated with Lock'er Down or any other Dodge accessory or product. This is my 6th ram and I just wanted to share a good exp. with a really good product and company.

Buck-One

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Big Horn CC
Engine
5.7l HEMI
I just installed the Locker Down EXxtreme with the digital lock in my 2016 Ram 1500. Of course I "couldn't leave well enough alone" and had to customize it ! ;)

I added a piece of aluminum angle and a piece of non-slip rubber matting across the top behind the door to form a stash tray for loose items

View media item 27168
and I installed a magnetic mount, LED light unit with a built in motion sensor (AAA batteries) under the top just behind the door (3-pack for $15.99 on Amazon)
View media item 27165
and finished it off by lining the box with a thin indoor/outdoor carpet remnant applied with spray adhesive over cardboard panels that I measured and cut.

View media item 27172View media item 27173View media item 27174
My reason for the lining was that I didn't to chaffe my pistol (Glock 19) against the metal side walls or hear any rattling from other objects. I'm very **** about things like that :confused:

View media item 27164View media item 27163

Last edited:

RodeoRam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That looks good, Buck. I like the LED idea. I need one on the outside to see the tumblers on my ConsoleVault without turning on the map light and showing everyone outside what I'm doing. Maybe a red LED inside and out.

fearroyo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Great option. For those that don’t want to go full safe, mopar has a locking handle for the lower glove box.

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just installed the extreme version with electronic lock. Less than two minutes to install.

I had my pistol stolen from my truck last month. Going to much more difficult now.

a3079ce7362fb7d5d3af180e9df03b99.jpg

e6737572ec3a7cc8d1e71be445fad38c.jpg

23f86d947940110f1778ed218f99962b.jpg

Should have mine tomorrow, thanks for the post!

OP
OP
wisconsinwalter
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Should have mine tomorrow, thanks for the post!

YW, one negative I have experienced is how cold the metal gets in the winter. I had frost on mine a few times.

Has to be hard on the electronic lock battery. I should call to see what the procedure is if that happens.