Locks, Heater Fan, & More

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BinaryData

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Y'all,

It's been a hot minute since I've posted on here. I was hoping my next post would be me showing pictures of my new Dodge Ram 3500 but I'm 5k short from a $15,000 down payment on it. But to the point of this topic, there are a few things I'd like to know.

1. The driver side door locking mechanism doesn't always lock. The computer thinks it's locked, and will blast the alarm if opened but doesn't always pull it down. How easy of a fix is this? 2 hour job, hour long job? Would it just be easier to take it to the shop and have them do it?

2. Heater blower is making some super wonky sounds, like a muffled clicking sound. Sounds like a bearing going out/bad but I'm not 100% sure. I can post a sound clip if that helps. I just want to confirm it before I take this into the shop, it's something I'm not going to mess with. Heater works, it just takes longer to actually heat the cab.

3. Last but not least, my Traction Control, ABS, 4WD, and Cruise Control lights keep popping on. I found this thread, which confirmed I was having the same issue. What I couldn't figure out is where to look in the rear portion of the truck to clean / replace it, if that's something I can do. I had my tires rotated and this started happening after a few weeks. I'm not sure if Les Schwab dinked something or just bad luck. Can anyone give me the name of the part I need to look for or if I should just take it to the shop?

I'm trying to save as much money as possible, if I can do most of this myself, and save money, that'd be huge. I'm on track to getting my new truck by the end of the year if all goes well. Unless you guys tell me a 2022 Dodge Ram 3500 is a bad idea...