Long bed or Short bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
Wow, you guys have brought up some good point, the DW and I go for a drive every Friday and one of our stop is at the Starbucks to get some coffee and go for a long ride.

Sometimes we get in the truck and drive to the next state or to a city that it over 200 miles we like going on those drive and we stop at those places.

I went to the dealer again yesterday and I seen that they had a red one at a cheaper price in the Laramie trim. When I got home to try to find it, it wasn’t there so yeah the sales lady said it happen all the time. I know that the blue one is coming in the middle of December and I will go down to get it.

Thank you guys again you have been very helpful in my decision I will post pics for sure when I get it

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
If you end up looking at a red truck just remember there are two different reds out there. I have the flame red which is very different from the delmonico red. Good luck.

Red

OP
OP
Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
The flame red is what I have now, but now let me ask something from you guys, all of the comments that you guys give have been awesome but what about the Aisin tranny when I go and pick up my truck hopefully tomorrow the dealer have a Delmonico Red with the Aisin tranny, so what are the pro's and con's?

OP
OP
Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
Thank you, guys for your comments, so now after checking the website of the trucks that the one dealer have which is the HO's I did notice that the payload was 3900lbs for the Limited and towing was 19,425lbs, and on the other since it was a Big Horn the payload was 4,025lbs and the towing was 20,100lbs.

Now with the one that I'm planning on going to the dealer tomorrow it has the SO in the Big Horn the payload of that one is 4,326lbs and the towing is 25,251lbs now to me I would want the bigger payload and the towing capability, I am planning on getting a little bigger 5th wheel down the road but the one that we are looking at will still within. It has a pretty good amount of option in the Big Horn, all I would have to do is to add front tinted windows, 5th wheel gooseneck, and some step bar and that's it, it even has heated seat, heated steer wheel, lol.

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have the heated cloth seats and heated steering wheel and I love these features. I also have the running boards which are great otherwise I couldn't get into the truck easily. Good luck.

Red

OP
OP
Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
Thank you, sir, the one that they have coming in is supposed to be on the way and I need to get all of my mods off. My wife love the heated seat, we every Friday go for a long trip so she like that, the one that coming in have all of that and some.

Mayhemmike2011

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l
I have recently owned both, lost my 2001 5.9L shortbed to a fire last year. so I upgraded, now have 2002 5.9L longbed. Both had/have same lift, (front 2in spacer level lift) same tire size 315/75/16 Both have advantages. SB- easy parking, easier to turn around on a dead-end logging road, easier turn around on streets, driveways. LB- Can fit full size building mats. under tonneau cover (sheetrock, plywood) living in WA St, (thats a big one). LB does seem to ride a little better also seems to ride better pulling trailer. It really is a personal choice, try and drive both in a short while, if possible. Good Luck.

OP
OP
Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
Thank you sir, and yes, I also live in the PNW so yeah I have been test driving a few long bed I even test drive a dually and love how it ride.

OP
OP
Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
Well, it came in a little early but the dealer don't have it yet but they should get it tomorrow sometime or early Thursday, I went today and sign all the paperwork today so when it come in I just go down and give them the check and I drive off.

So excited I have already talk to the people to do my B&W gooseneck turnover ball hitch, I just don't know why they don't do more install at the dealer, most of the ones they have don't come with the gooseneck prep.

So by sometime tomorrow if I get it I will post up some pics for you guys, Chrysler is giving $500 dollars rebate to military I was glad to get that. It's funny how the market is I was able to get almost as much as I paid for my ram two years ago. Thank you guys for your comments on helping me make the best choice.

OP
OP
Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
Thank you, guys, so much for all of your help, so just like I said that I will post some pics but forgive for the dark pics but it was dark but I will get some pics in the day light.DSCN3963.JPGDSCN3967.JPGDSCN3968.JPGDSCN3969.JPGDSCN3970.JPGDSCN3972.JPGDSCN3973.JPGDSCN3974.JPGDSCN3974.JPGDSCN3975.JPG

OP
OP
Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
Thank you sir, it mean a lot to me the wife and I took if for a little 70 miles one way ride today and she love it.

We already planning a cross country road trip back to N.C next year, it should be fun, well the first day anyway, lol.

Vijo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I love the idea of 52 gal tank which is only available as an option on the long bed but the parking and navigating in tight areas was the deciding factor for me. IMO Cross country and towing go hand in hand with extra fuel capacity. At the end of the day, I decided on a short bed.

You did good on yours -- congrats

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
...there not a lot of short bed 3500 dodge ram out there, none I'm interesting in anyway.
What planet do you live on?

There has not been a Dodge Ram available in [I don't know how long, but] at least a decade?

Certainly never once since 2019 (the generation this post is in).

Regardless, if you can't find what you want - order it!