Long Time Ford Owner making the switch!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
wifi_guy

wifi_guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 I6 Cummins HO Turbo Diesel
Thanks all! I am definitely looking forward it!

So question, why are there so many posts about Cumings and cold starting? I've never really even remotely had an issue with any diesel engines I've owned. At one point did Cumings have a cold start issue? By cold, we are talking 10 degrees and below.

Harley Harrold

USAF Ret. 36+ years service
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
:party36::party36::welcome::party36::party36: I have for the most part been a Chevy/GMC guy from childhood. This is my 1st Dodge pickup truck. I did own a 1974 Dodge Tradesman Van that I customized right after buying it new. Congratulations on your new truck.
IMG_0811.JPG

OP
OP
wifi_guy

wifi_guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks! I am insanely excited for it. 10 weeks can't come quick enough.

Tried getting some weather tech mudd flaps and they don't have 2021 for the dually just yet. I signed up to be notified when they are ready. Might look over the fence at something else. I don't really want to wait around for them.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I put Weather Techs on mine. They fit great and no drilling. Uses factory bolt locations. Unless you gt the Mopar ones, there are other brands that folks standby here too.
Weather Techs here also. Easy on. I had a Pace Edwards aluminum roll top, served me well for 13 years. Only down side was ice on it rendered it useless, but wasn't a problem but a couple times. I have a tri-fold from Walmart now 3 years or so, works awesome. <$400

Enjoy your ride!

OP
OP
wifi_guy

wifi_guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OP
OP
wifi_guy

wifi_guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So, here is something interesting, the email I received with my VIN stating estimated ETA originally said the 5th of April. (4/5/2021). I got a text from the dealer and they are showing it will be delivered on 3/5/2021! The truck Gods are shining down on me! Now, we shall see if that happens or not!

On a side note, in case anyone is interested, between 2020's (3500 Dually's at Least) and 2021 they changed the lug patterns. I've attached the correct pattern and hub size. There was much debate when I was ordering new rims on what would work and what wouldn't. Some documentation shows one thing and some documentation shows another.

I ended up going with:

Fronts:
FUEL® - D693 DUALLY BLITZ 1PC Platinum (20" x 8.25", +105 Offset, 8x200 Bolt Pattern, 142mm Hub)

Rear:
FUEL® - D693 DUALLY BLITZ 1PC Platinum (20" x 8.25", -202 Offset, 8x200 Bolt Pattern, 142mm Hub)

The new shoes will be ATTURO® - TRAIL BLADE X/T's.

The tires already shipped, the rims are slatted for April.

Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 4.02.31 PM.png

BigJoe1094

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Welcome! I converted from ford also! truck is going to look mean! As for your earlier question about cold starts one of my friends has a 2012 and I've heard no complaints about it...

OP
OP
wifi_guy

wifi_guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got the cold weather package coming on this truck, comes with that front grill cover. I am not sure I'll ever use it. Maybe I will I guess I'll see. I thought that was the purpose of the active grill shutters though....

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Northfield, eh? Maybe a horse guy? Big horse area down there.

Up here on the north boundary of the cities, we're more woods-beast types. Welcome!

OP
OP
wifi_guy

wifi_guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Northfield, eh? Maybe a horse guy? Big horse area down there.

Up here on the north boundary of the cities, we're more woods-beast types. Welcome!

No, I am not a horse guy. The opposite actually. LOL.

Thanks, I am enjoying these forums. REALLY looking forward to the truck!!

OP
OP
wifi_guy

wifi_guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well boys, the vehicle is now in the shipping stage. Now, we wait. LOL

OP
OP
wifi_guy

wifi_guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, I am told any day now. The wait is killing me!!!!! LOL

OP
OP
wifi_guy

wifi_guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got a call from the dealer today, my truck came in!! Front bumper was damaged in transport. Bumpers are 2 weeks out. I’ll have to bring it back in a couple of weeks have that fixed. Oh well, **** happens. I am really excited to see this truck!!!

mdricko

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, V8
Congrats from another "Prior Ford guy"

OP
OP
wifi_guy

wifi_guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, today I took delivery! So far I am liking the truck. The ride over my 450 is noticeably smoother, which is to be expected. Turning radius isn't bad, I was expecting worse. I think it might be a little better than my F350 was. Not as good as my F450, but that was also to be expected.

Love the 12" U-Connect. At first I didn't like the Digital Rear View, but more the more I used it the more I like it. You can easily see more behind you. Your field of view is better.

Seats, I need to get used to them. The leather is great. Nice and soft. Compared to my F450 I feel like am physically sitting up higher. It's not a bad thing, just something I need to get used to. The center console is pretty nice. LOTs of space. One thing I could see not liking is if the top arm rest spot is full of stuff and you lift it up, all the stuff in there is going to shift all over. I have nothing in it now, so the verdict is out on that storage area. MASSIVE amounts of space in the lower console compartment.

Overall the truck seems to sit lower than an F350 or 450. I wasn't expecting that. It's not a negative or positive, just something I noticed. All in all I think I am going to love this thing. The roar of the Cummins is very nice. At fist it seemed to shift funny. Almost like shifting between 1st and 2nd and 3rd was really quick. Downshift from 2nd to 1st seemed clunky at first also. Then after I drove it more, it seemed to even out. Not sure if that was my imagination or if the transmission was doing some sort of calculations before it figured things out. From factory, it had 21 miles on it. I now have almost 50. So from the dealer back to the office the shifting seemed to even out and the truck figured it out. I'll post some pictures later today.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963