long tube header options for 2019 ram 1500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gavin Foster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Hey guys just had a quick question. i have a 2019 ram 1500 bighorn and wanting to do long tube headers for it. just wondering about options. can i do just the headers? i dont really wanna buy the y pipe and all that if i dont have too. thanks

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you have the new or classic body style?

If you do long tubes you NEED to do the y pipe, it is not an option. the stock y pipe will only bolt up to stock length headers/manifolds. Long tubes will NOT bolt to the stock y pipe.

We have some options and can get you set up. Feel free to message me for a quote if interested

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
whats the difference between the new and classic

19+ trucks you can get the classic 09-18 body or the new generation style

ClassicBodyvsNewBody.png

Now you can do shorties and that will bolt up to your stock y pipe. My questions is what is the purpose of doing headers. If it is for more power long tubes are the way to go. shorties offer minimal gains and the ypipe does not flow good at all.

OP
OP
G

Gavin Foster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
i have the new body style.. and yes for more power. i was also planning on doing a cam and tune from jay greene

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ARH and SW are the 2 best options for long tube headers. Both offer great flow, excellent fitment, and are high quality while offering all needed parts for install.

OP
OP
G

Gavin Foster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
hmm i was thinking arh or kooks. but so expensive with the headers and y pipe. like $2000+ ughh

OP
OP
G

Gavin Foster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
i also bought some msd blaster ignition coils and they sent me ones for 05-14 hemi. i called and they said they should work on my 19 ram.

The Reckoning

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Kooks long tubes with y and exhaust claims +55hp and 80tq at 3000rpm without a tune.

GMG71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Hopefully a 19
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys just had a quick question. i have a 2019 ram 1500 bighorn and wanting to do long tube headers for it. just wondering about options. can i do just the headers? i dont really wanna buy the y pipe and all that if i dont have too. thanks
Checkout Modern muscle extreme. I believe they have the SW set for around $1500

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Contact us for a quote, it will not be $2,000...just send me a message

dtru1222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Kooks long tubes with y and exhaust claims +55hp and 80tq at 3000rpm without a tune.

I dont believe it at all.

The 5.7 in the Challenger is slightly different but I had total power loss installing my 3/4 long tubes and high flow cats until I got it tuned and it made a night and day difference. The computers can handle small changes in air/fuel but not something as drastic of a change like long tubes.

The Reckoning

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

The 5.7 in the Challenger is slightly different but I had total power loss installing my 3/4 long tubes and high flow cats until I got it tuned and it made a night and day difference. The computers can handle small changes in air/fuel but not something as drastic of a change like long tubes.
Just stating what the company says that was on a youtube vid with sound clips and the dyno.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

I put long tubes and catless mids on my wifes old 2016 5.7 Challenger,and picked up 2/10's at the track and never did tune the car.You're about the only guy i've ever ran into who said the 5.7 in his car lost power with long tubes,with out tuning.