look at this brush guard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I like the lower part!
The upper section that blocks the hood from going up would have to go...

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
The Lower section is from BANKS

1667464474181.png

It is not on the market yet ?

Last edited:

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.

JerryETX

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4- 3:73- 6 Speed
Man some things make me shake my head lol. I get the replacement grill guard they add a lot of beef up front. Friend of mine might not be hear today without his replacement after a head on collision where a car hit him on the drivers side. Several authorities agreed the replacement saved him. But what is that on top of the grill guard? And why? It's literally clamped on so the only place it has to go it right into the hood. Maybe I'm missing something.

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
It is not Banks. It is a Road Armor Bumper with the top accessory added. Its alot of overkill in my opinion.

GT's correct, it's def a Banks product. Zoom in on the logo above the fairlead.

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
That's a Sticker. Zoom in below and you will see the insignia that is cut into the bumper.
The other indicator is the squared off D-rings that Road Armor uses.
View attachment 505975
There ya go, I stand corrected. Putting that sticker on is only slightly more ridiculous than the overkill guard. SMH.

JC4041

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They were debuted in 2Fast and 2Furious.....the scramble scene.

Elkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
For brush it is overkill and these guys never take their trucks off the pavement or they might get dirty. For deer the brush guard is somewhat protective of the radiator but the deer will get tossed up and go through the windshield. Plenty of pictures on the Web showing this having happened. In deer areas the smart thing is not to overdrive your headlamps but then many people are dumb when it comes to driving safely.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've hit quite a few deer over the years. There are a lot in our area. If you hit a deer pretty square, it's more than likely going to bend the lighter 'tube' portions of the grill guard, regardless of what you have on. Deer are all muscle and pretty heavy. But it never hurts to have protection via a grill guard. Sometimes a guy just might get lucky and it could prevent significant damage.

Secondly, a lot of times ya don't hit the deer square and the legs whip around and dent the side anyway regardless of what's on the front of the truck. Third, when I've hit deer they've darted out from the woods or field so fast, there really wasn't much a guy could do. Sometimes ya don't even have time to take yer foot off the gas! :oops: Lastly, ...I think I've hit more deer in the daytime, on clear days, than at night. ..regardless of headlights. Sometimes they just run out onto the road. Of course there are a lot of close calls where Ya escape an accident.

But again, it can't hurt to have a brush guard. Like I say, if it prevents significant damage that's a good thing. Because once a vehicle is wrecked, it's never as good as when it left the factory. This comes from years of bodyshop experience.

rvance

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pent 3.6
I have a Ranch Hand brush guard that is easily strong enough to handle the small deer we have around here. I've hit several over the years in different vehicles with varying degrees of body damage. Never had one "flip up" and hit the windshield. In a place where they have bigger deer I could see that being a problem, but you would have to go full Mad Max to protect from it.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Years ago in a 4dr car coming home, kid in the back in a child seat, a deer ran in front of me. I slammed the brakes HARD (which dropped the front nose real low), hit the deer, it bounced off the hood and flipped right up over the car and landed on the road. I saw it land in the rear view mirror LOL. It never even hit the trunk. Deer got up, stunned, flailed around on the slick road ...and ran off across an open field. Kid goes, "Dad, what was that??" ha ha. Typical front end damage to grill/hood/lights, but windshield ok.

In another car about 8 years ago, ~10:00-ish am, sunny day, about this time of year, rural highway. Two deer darted out from woods in front of my path running full speed. One did a face-plant right against the pass side window. It literally had an "Oh $hit" look on it's face when we made eye contact. The other deer hit the front and L side (it flung around). Neither seemed to be hurt and continued running across the road & field. I was late for the dentist so i didn't even pull over ...just kept going. I figured there'd be significant damage. When I got to the dentist, you could barely tell I hit either deer!! It was like magic! There were some small dents, very minimal damage, cracked mirror housing, broken pass door handle, small dent. Three or four days later (same car) driving home from work at night in the dark, whacked another deer on the front. That one did plenty of sheet metal & front-end damage. Ended up getting almost the whole car re-painted out of that 3-deer damage ordeal :happy107:

Last edited:

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
My Mothers Parents were traveling in New Hampshire
at some point several deer must have been spooked,
Just as the big Buick Roadmaster reached a place where there was in a small rise, where the road passed through.
The deer jumped from the passenger side, where the roof was about the same height as the roads shoulder.
Only one of the deer didn't quite clear the car. It went from the bank onto the hood & landed on the other side of the car.
The hood of the Buick was damaged & they returned home with a tale to tell.
I don't recall if any of the deer were hurt

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Years ago in a 4dr car coming home, kid in the back in a child seat, a deer ran in front of me. I slammed the brakes HARD (which dropped the front nose real low), hit the deer, it bounced off the hood and flipped right up over the car and landed on the road. I saw it land in the rear view mirror LOL. It never even hit the trunk. Deer got up, stunned, flailed around on the slick road ...and ran off across an open field. Kid goes, "Dad, what was that??" ha ha. Typical front end damage to grill/hood/lights, but windshield ok.

In another car about 8 years ago, ~10:00-ish am, sunny day, about this time of year, rural highway. Two deer darted out from woods in front of my path running full speed. One did a face-plant right against the pass side window. It literally had an "Oh $hit" look on it's face when we made eye contact. The other deer hit the front and L side (it flung around). Neither seemed to be hurt and continued running across the road & field. I was late for the dentist so i didn't even pull over ...just kept going. I figured there'd be significant damage. When I got to the dentist, you could barely tell I hit either deer!! It was like magic! There were some small dents, very minimal damage, cracked mirror housing, broken pass door handle, small dent. Three or four days later (same car) driving home from work at night in the dark, whacked another deer on the front. That one did plenty of sheet metal & front-end damage. Ended up getting almost the whole car re-painted out of that 3-deer damage ordeal :happy107:

Note to self…… Don’t ride in his car :33: