Look what else I found today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I bought an M14 nut off eBay that I'm going to weld to my jack input shaft, where the crank goes. The outer hex is 22mm same as the lug nuts for use with an impact I keep in the truck.

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
The end is broken off it so I assume that is the issue, it probably cranks the jack or lets the spare down. I don't know because I've never used the one in my truck. But yes, ThunderMug95 is right. Junk yard or dealership.

18harvest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Junk yard or ebay.a 2009 up should be the same maybe even a third gen

PaulTGarrett

Grumpy old man
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 Cummins Turbo Diesel
It's hard to tell what your working with there. If the blunt end of the wrench is slightly curled up, that is normal, that's so you can hook under the trim pieces to pop them off the rim so you can get to the lug nuts. If it's still flat (like a big honkin screw driver blade) that's also pretty normal on some lug wrenches.

But what I see missing is the flattened-out spot in the middle of the wrench with a square hole so you can put the little extension bar set together to run your jack up and down. At it doesn't look like the flattened out area was ever even there. I am almost making a sure bet that you don't have the correct lug wrench for the truck, period.

That said - junkyard, eBay, or Craigslist...

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
View attachment 162278
Where do I get this? Looks like previous owner broke it. I swear

I keep a Breaker Bar and a Torque wrench, 1/2" drive with a 22 MM socket in truck to avoid Micky mouse stuff (FWIW 130 ft/lbs on wheel nuts). Also, if I travel far, I carry a 3 ton jack with me also, as no way gonna play with Micky mouse scissors jack, Just a Saying..

jack.JPG

Runaround

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2007 model looks just like that one, but I don't know whether the lug nut end is the same size or not.

PaulTGarrett

Grumpy old man
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 Cummins Turbo Diesel
It's the lug wrench/bar turning spare tire lowerer thing. It's broken where the bar to lower the spare goes.

Ah! I originally thought the metal shards were just the grain of the rock countertop... Now that I look closer, that is definitely a lug wrench broken where the flattened out area is for the jack's extendable shaft.

Should be pretty easy to find...

Tumbleweed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I keep a Breaker Bar and a Torque wrench, 1/2" drive with a 22 MM socket in truck to avoid Micky mouse stuff (FWIW 130 ft/lbs on wheel nuts). Also, if I travel far, I carry a 3 ton jack with me also, as no way gonna play with Micky mouse scissors jack, Just a Saying..

View attachment 162963
I also have a bottle jack with the built in jack stand.

However, don't underrate the OEM scissor jack. I work for FCA as a truck driver. We have been sent out to the Chelsea Proving Grounds to test the stability of vehicles on jacks. Simulate a side of the road situation, up on a jack. Fly by real close at highway speeds to make sure the jack is up to its task. Our truck has its governor overridden to allow for higher speeds.
No failures to date.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
TUMBLE: Not doubt whether it works or not, NOT want to go through the PITA stuff to jack up truck. 3 Ton jack works real good and real quick...