Looking Around Last Night

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

njjeff201

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E Torque Hemi
Maybe Dodge sends units; dealers have no choice but to sell them.

alejes02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ya'll miss the point. If the dealer orders a truck WITHOUT common sense add-ons, it's for the sole purpose of making money. My SRW 3500 came without a trailer brake controller (which is ridiculous) and of course I paid to have that installed. That way the dealer could charge labor for the brake controller installation in their service department. Capitalism at its best...

Last edited:

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
I am thinking could be a customer ordered truck and some kid damaged it, so it is sitting for repair before customer picks it up as no stickers on it.
My truck was sitting at the dealership one time and a couple where trying to buy it.
They where sitting in it , maybe wondering why it had a coffee cup.
A clue is when it has plates on it , it belongs to someone.
BTW alejes02, like your picture, I had the same truck, in green, as well as a 49 fargo 2T

OP
OP
OC455

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
I am thinking could be a customer ordered truck and some kid damaged it, so it is sitting for repair before customer picks it up as no stickers on it.
My truck was sitting at the dealership one time and a couple where trying to buy it.
They where sitting in it , maybe wondering why it had a coffee cup.
A clue is when it has plates on it , it belongs to someone.
BTW alejes02, like your picture, I had the same truck, in green, as well as a 49 fargo 2T

Up this way once a truck is getting sold, they take it off the front of the lot...this truck was right out by the road.

OP
OP
OC455

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
The 50 gallon tank is great, right up until you are sitting at the pump and swiping the card for a third time because the transaction dollar limit keeps cutting it out before it is full...
Ouch....that would be annoying.

timo4001

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There is a possible "other" reason why this is on the lot. I was in the granite distribution business for most of my career. Fabricators/installers would get these trucks for the business. They would put an A frame on the long bed dualies and load them up with 4000lbs of countertops to install. Perhaps this was an order that never delivered. I always bought Kenworths and Freigtliners, but the little guys were going to homeowners places and needed something that could get into driveways. Just a thought.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am convinced dorks design or order all new trucks from all brands. None of the options or configurations make much or any sense, IMO. I got a RAM because I could order it and get in 6 months? *I hope* Nevertheless, random options that don't make sense are a hard pill to swallow on such expensive trucks.

NHTS dictate, that all vehicles built to be sold in NA have to have reserve fuel. This is because of vehicles running out of gas on the HWY. I did car rallies like GUMBALL3000 and etc. Managing fuel was a massive part of time.

I made sure to order the 50-gallon tank. I bought a 65K farm or towing vehicle and I don't have a farm and I've never towed anything. Maybe I'm the dork.

OP
OP
OC455

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
20220907_003409.jpg

This was the damage to the side. Looks like they hit a concrete light pole base to me that are in the lot.

Attachments

• 20220907_003358.jpg
    20220907_003358.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 7

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
When i bought my 2016 Ram 1500
I knew my Dodge dealership had 3 Sales Teams

Showroom Sales have the Junior Sales Team & the Assistant Sales Manager over sees them, ONLY the Sales Manager & the Assistant can place an order & approve the price.

Then there is the V.I.P. Sales Team, they usually work out of a separate part of the building or property.
They have a little more freedom

Then they have they FLEET/Internet Sales Team
These Sales Team Members, usually have an office or cubical of there own, interruptions are not allowed.
They have a a full sized Computer with direct access to Ram Headquarters & access to DealerConnect
They don't need to run to the Managers to get approval

I go to one of the more Senior Members of the Fleet/Internet Sales Team.
He was also the Top Ram Salesman at that dealership

Even with this Covid crap, i saw him just 2 weeks ago