Looking for 2018 UAQ radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbighouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
...for my 2014 Ram 1500. I'd like to replace my 8.4" Uconnect RA4(I believe) unit. Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
umbighouse

umbighouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
With all the issues of the radio (screen delamination), it'd have to come with a warranty.

sirdumpsalot

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
does that kind of thing exist? I don't think you can get a radio with a warranty just for itself?

Gordo2212

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 3500 Tradesman
Engine
6.4 L Hemi
OP
OP
umbighouse

umbighouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

rick16706

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic - Warlock
Engine
6 Cyl 3.6L
Just a point about buying a new UAQ as opposed to a used one: I ended up buying a new one from allmoparparts.com. The used ones that I could find online were at high risk of having the delamination problem, and they were also almost as expensive.

I don't really use the satellite radio, but after installing the unit, I found that it plays all the Sirrius XM stations without a subscription. Also has the Sirrius Guardian. It's not a trial memebership like when you buy a new vehicle, it's just there, kind of like playing an AM/FM radio. There was no contact between myself and the Sirrius peopele, no credit card number or anything else. If you are a user of the satellite radio, the money you would save on subscription fees would pay for the radio, and then some, over the life of the truck. Just something to think about.

sirdumpsalot

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Just a point about buying a new UAQ as opposed to a used one: I ended up buying a new one from allmoparparts.com. The used ones that I could find online were at high risk of having the delamination problem, and they were also almost as expensive.

I don't really use the satellite radio, but after installing the unit, I found that it plays all the Sirrius XM stations without a subscription. Also has the Sirrius Guardian. It's not a trial memebership like when you buy a new vehicle, it's just there, kind of like playing an AM/FM radio. There was no contact between myself and the Sirrius peopele, no credit card number or anything else. If you are a user of the satellite radio, the money you would save on subscription fees would pay for the radio, and then some, over the life of the truck. Just something to think about.
I don't think that's necessarily always the case when buying a new radio. The random XM subscriptions are usually tied to some sort of long term promotion. My RA4 that I had in my 2017 had the same thing where I could use XM radio without every paying for it, and when I went on their website to try and transfer to a new radio I discovered it was on a 5 year trial subscription somehow (ends in 2023).

Definitely random and definitely worth some savings, but I doubt every new radio from allmoparparts will have that same situation

rick16706

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic - Warlock
Engine
6 Cyl 3.6L
You may be right, @sirdumpsalot. One thing I learned a long time ago is that there is no such thing as a free lunch.

When I bought the truck I was told that I had a free years subscription to SiriusXM, but I never activated the subsription. I never opened an online account, I never gave them an email address and I damn sure never gave them a credit card number. I did receive lots of junk snail mail from them, so they did have my actual address. I assume they got my address through the dealer.

In any event, I would think that for a trial subscription of any sort, they would first require my name, address, and a credit card number so that they could convert it to a paid subscription when the trial is over. Also, don't know what it really means, but when I look at the SiriusXM Setup under Settings on the vehicle screen, it shows Subscription Information as "Subscribed" for Satellite Radio, Travel Link, and Traffic Plus. If it were a trial subscription, would it say Trial?

I don't want to contact Sirius directly because if it is a glitch of some sort, I'd just as soon it stay that way. So I guess I'll just wait and see how long it lasts.

Thanks for the input though.