Looking for a better ride for my lifted 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
lasher10

lasher10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i6 Diesel
@lasher10 did you look up ram beast projects on you tube? He’s running a 6” BDS and is doing a Thuren setup I got the impression that it was a new product but he’s doing ride quality upgrades that should help you get information
I did watch that YouTube video. I called SoCal Supertrucks today and they checked on a Thuren and Carli setup for my truck. They said they don’t make one. Only for shorter lifts. Not sure what year Ram Beast’s truck is or maybe has something to do with Pro Comp vs BDS lift. I’ll check that video again tonight again. Maybe SoCal Super Trucks is going straight off Thuren’s website. I know I didn’t see anything for my truck on there either.

Update: I watched the video again. He said that if he had to do it again, he would go with the Thuren level kit setup. He's running the BDS 6.5" lift with Fox shocks and reservoirs. I'm not ready to swap out lifts yet. I know BDS makes good stuff. I had a BDS on my last truck. If I installed the lift on this truck, I would have gone with BDS again probably. However, this setup was on the truck when I bought it. I lowered my PSI in my tires which made a huge difference. I wouldn't worry about it so much if my truck wasn't a daily driver and the fact that my wife gets car sick in it on straight highway. She doesn't get car sick in any other vehicles or any of my other previous trucks. That's the main reason I started looking into this.

Last edited:

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
And you can stick your wise a$$ comments where the sun doesn’t shine. This section is for lifted trucks. Looking for feedback from other members isn’t whining...or needing to man up.... it’s just looking for feedback. If you don’t have anything to contribute, which it sounds like you don’t. You can just keep your negativity to yourself. Go play with your Hot Wheels and leave the big boy conversation to the adults. Thanks
c4c18f604bd581ed8da2af50ad2cb7dd--hunting-season-deer-hunting.jpg

Elkman doesn't need ANY suspension on his ride. At least he know a truck should ride like a truck.
Non of this "my truck rides too hard for my pansy ass. :****::****sweak:

OP
OP
lasher10

lasher10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i6 Diesel
View attachment 163721

Elkman doesn't need ANY suspension on his ride. At least he know a truck should ride like a truck.
Non of this "my truck rides too hard for my pansy ass. :****::****sweak:

Yep...it is very weak..especially since you have no idea what is going on with my situation. Go troll elsewhere. Move along son.

Last edited:

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So Thuren and Carli do not make systems for my setup. Carli max out at 3.25” and Thuren max out at 2.75” I need 4.5”
That’s because Thuren and Carli perhaps don’t make shocks, they take them from other companies and fine tune their valving to what they think fits their kits. :)
In any case how did you get to the lift you have now? Coil springs and shocks or spacers and shocks?

All you have to do in the most basic form is measure your shocks travel, then you can ask King, Fox, Icon etc to make you a custom length in 2.0,2.5 or 3” body depending on the level of performance and length you want/need.

OP
OP
lasher10

lasher10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i6 Diesel
That’s because Thuren and Carli perhaps don’t make shocks, they take them from other companies and fine tune their valving to what they think fits their kits. :)
In any case how did you get to the lift you have now? Coil springs and shocks or spacers and shocks?

All you have to do in the most basic form is measure your shocks travel, then you can ask King, Fox, Icon etc to make you a custom length in 2.0,2.5 or 3” body depending on the level of performance and length you want/need.
I bought my truck from a dealership that already had the lift, wheels and tires installed. I have coils and shocks installed front and rear. Pro Comp Coils and bottom of the line Pro Comp shocks. The shop I'm going to wants to install Icon Dual Rate Coils front and rear along with Icon 2.0 monotube shocks.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I bought my truck from a dealership that already had the lift, wheels and tires installed. I have coils and shocks installed front and rear. Pro Comp Coils and bottom of the line Pro Comp shocks. The shop I'm going to wants to install Icon Dual Rate Coils front and rear along with Icon 2.0 monotube shocks.

Are they wanting to remove the lift and do the icon set up? Or does icon have a kit for the 6” lift? Excuse my ignorance I have a 1500 so I don’t know the 2500’s parts availability

OP
OP
lasher10

lasher10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i6 Diesel
Are they wanting to remove the lift and do the icon set up? Or does icon have a kit for the 6” lift? Excuse my ignorance I have a 1500 so I don’t know the 2500’s parts availability
no...they are just planning on using the Icon coils and shocks with my existing lift.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If the only thing they're doing for you is a shock change, then you can do better yourself knowing what you have. take a front shock and a rear shock out and measure the shock fully extended and fully compressed, then call Icon is you want Icons and ask them how close are their Icon shocks to your measurements, ideally you want the same if you don't want to mess with bumpstops, but i don't know the lenght of your springs, how much bumpstop height you have, or your shocks extended/compressed vales etc. Live axels are so easy to set :)

Editet: sorry i keep missing you have a 6" lift already. Icon coils will only lift 4.5 so you'll be going down with those, if so, the shocks are already designed to run with those 4.5" coils.

Moparfanatic21

U.S. Marine Vet - 0321, Now a Doctor...of Vehicles
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Unfortunately you might need to get custom coils made along with shocks. Could use the BDS coils and shocks