Looking for a good Jeep Grand Cherokee Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bowzer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Sold off the '18...maybe another soon.
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Picked up a 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee this month. Having trouble finding a deep running forum like this one...I think I'm spoiled.
Wanting to see what's possible with Alpha-OBD (so far the couple forums I checked barely know about it) and just good running dialogue on the vehicle.

Anyone here know a good one...or two?

JC4041

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I recently purchased the OBDlink mx+ and AlfaOBD, but my 09 doesn't have a lot of stuff that's configurable. Still trying to decide if I want to get the bypass cable to do some stuff to the new truck. There's lots of videos for the Ram side of Alfa.

As far as other forum site. I know there were the forumz, been on the Ram one since 2010, was on the Charger one for a while.....not sure if they have a "jeepforumz" or not.

Last edited:

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Picked up a 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee this month. Having trouble finding a deep running forum like this one...I think I'm spoiled.
Wanting to see what's possible with Alpha-OBD (so far the couple forums I checked barely know about it) and just good running dialogue on the vehicle.

Anyone here know a good one...or two?
Jeepforum.com scroll through and you find a grand Cherokee decided into different generations.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Let's see it! Pictures!
We had a Cherokee a long time ago when our kids were young, my wife hated that poor ol SUV. lol
She loves driving my 97 TJ, especially since I've completely restored it.
IMG_1648.JPGIMG_1670.JPG

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
lets see it!

OP
OP
Bowzer

Bowzer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I recently purchased the OBDlink mx+ and AlfaOBD, but my 09 doesn't have a lot of stuff that's configurable. Still trying to decide if I want to get the bypass cable to do some stuff to the new truck. There's lots of videos for the Ram side of Alfa.

As far as other forum site. I know there were the forumz, been on the Ram one since 2010, was on the Charger one for a while.....not sure if they have a "jeepforumz" or not.

I have the OBDLink from my days with my Ram 1500. Was a fantastic tool for any modifications and more. Yet to try it on this JGC. Was hoping somewhere was a JGC group running good talk on the use. There's a couple of sites I've found but much less "traveled" or developed from what I've seen so far. Thanks for the response.

Jeepforum.com scroll through and you find a grand Cherokee decided into different generations.

Appreciate that. I've looked a bit there but nothing going as deep or active as I'd prefer. Maybe need to give it some more of a look. Thanks for the response.

I'll get a couple of pics up per requests as soon as the wife let's it sit still long enough...

OP
OP
Bowzer

Bowzer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Let's see it! Pictures!
We had a Cherokee a long time ago when our kids were young, my wife hated that poor ol SUV. lol
She loves driving my 97 TJ, especially since I've completely restored it.
View attachment 471342View attachment 471343

Great looking resto-rig!

Had a '74 CJ-5 for a few years that was like a good running buddy. Tons of fun in that thing...Jeep CJ5 Pic.jpeg

OP
OP
Bowzer

Bowzer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh yes...but if I still had it, not sure I'd part with it unless another was in the running.
Crazy value spikes right now. Just crazy...