Looking For A Hot Light Wire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cms1528

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2021 2500 Limited and I want to tap a wire that is hot when a door is opened. Such as a dome light, floor (under dash) light, or a puddle light on the rear view mirror. But only a hot when the door is opened. I may have answered my own question when I said a under dash light, I could go in search of a wire there. However, in the A-pillar there are some wires that run to the dome light for example, does anyone know of a wire anywhere and the color of that wire that I could tap. I'm may install a set of small LED's that would activate under the truck frame when the running board is deployed, turning off when the running board retracts or when the light I'm tapping into goes out.

Thanks for some ideas.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
If I am remembering correctly when I installed my overhead center console in 2018 I had to connect to a wire in the passenger side C pillar because that is where the power-on-when-door-open wire was. Think it was a purple wire, I will see if I can find the conversation I had with someone else when I was doing the work.

OP
OP
cms1528

cms1528

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you for the input