Looking for a New 2019-20 ram 2500 6.4L

Get a new Ram 2500 or keep the Fuel hog 16 3500 Limited DRW

• Keep 3500 DRW and pay the outladish price for Diesel

• Sell and Purchase a New 2500 6.4L with all the cool stuff

Results are only viewable after voting.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

Superb Decalscom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I went from a 16 with 3.73 to a 19 with 4.10.

I’m glad I did because when I pull something, it’s heavy. But the biggest change is the transmission. I probably would have been happy with the 3.73 and the 8 speed, but 4.10 increased my towing capabilities.

As for gas mileage, not sure sure you’ll see enough of a different. 70mph is pulling right around 1900 rpm. I can’t remember what the 3.73 ran, I want to say 1400 or 1500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Have you tracked your mileage at all ?

And just an up date do to COVID-19 I have not gotten a truck yet. Might be a god send seeing they are now going to offer 84 months 0% financing like GM has done. Not really concerned about the 90 days deferred payments but it will help out Im sure.
Still have not seen much warm weather in in Mi. and have been averaging 13-15 with the Dually at $2.60 a Gallon right now Im almost better off driving my wife Tundra and getting the same **** mileage lol.
I may be putting my truck up for sale and selling it my self. These dealers and there trade in values are a joke around me. lol.
Thanks for all the info guys Keep posting as I still have not gotten a truck yet. And sorry I have not been on here in a bit lot going on with the kid having to be home schooled a Cow having a Calf and horse training happening now that the snow is gone.
Ill be back again tonight and tomorrow in the AM

OP
OP
S

Superb Decalscom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Not beyond what the computer tells me.

Worst without a trailer is 13mpg. Best is 17.7mpg
That was with the 4.10's right? Id still like to know what people are getting with the 3.73 It has to be better at Hwy speeds I would think anyway.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
And just an up date do to COVID-19 I have not gotten a truck yet. Might be a god send seeing they are now going to offer 84 months 0% financing like GM has done.

That may or may not be a good, or fit with your financial situation.

Whenever anyone offers "free" or "artificially low" financing offers they take other offers (generally rebates or "cash allowances") off the table.

Generally you will give up more in the long term if you take the "free financing" money.

However I learned long, long ago to never say never. My wife's Explorer we bought at 0% because we only gave up a $1200 rebate. I figured that over the 5 year life of the loan that we could earn a whole bunch more by keeping our money and investing it on our own. Turns out I was right.

RandomRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have a 2500 with the 6.4 Hemi and 4.10 gears. I’m averaging 13 driving it on rural highways with lots of elevation changes. Flat interstate and it can pull down 16 at 70 MPH. The Hemi with the 8 speed is very responsive and it’s hard not to hammer down when getting on the highway which of course hurts the mileage even though I almost never go above 70 MPH.

The Hemi is easy to live with. I liked the idea of owning a diesel but did not want to worry about fuel issues, emissions, or my wife putting gas in it by mistake.

Duluth Diesel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I picked up my 2019 Mega Cab 6.4 3.73 Big Horn a few months ago. I specifically wanted those specs and they’re seemingly hard to find. I wanted decent options but not leather seats. I didn’t want 4.10 gears. I found a ton of CTD trucks but few 6.4 trucks. I found this one new on a lot out of state and had my local dealer go get it (I get better rebates when getting a truck out of inventory rather than ordering). It’s a fire/medical responder rebate caveat. Anyway...

Best MPG I’ve attained on a trip is 18.2. Hold your coffee in. This was empty, on 91 octane, driving it with a very light foot, and sticking to the speed limit. I wanted to see how good it could do. That was the average for a 320 mile trip. The 3.73 gears help, as does the 8-speed of course.

In reality, driving mixed highway/city I’m sitting at an average of 15.5 to 16. Towing I’m not sure yet because all I’ve done for towing thus far is dragged my travel trailer home from storage. Then Covid happened so damn.

RainDesert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I picked up my 2019 Mega Cab 6.4 3.73 Big Horn a few months ago. I specifically wanted those specs and they’re seemingly hard to find. I wanted decent options but not leather seats. I didn’t want 4.10 gears. I found a ton of CTD trucks but few 6.4 trucks. I found this one new on a lot out of state and had my local dealer go get it (I get better rebates when getting a truck out of inventory rather than ordering). It’s a fire/medical responder rebate caveat. Anyway...

Best MPG I’ve attained on a trip is 18.2. Hold your coffee in. This was empty, on 91 octane, driving it with a very light foot, and sticking to the speed limit. I wanted to see how good it could do. That was the average for a 320 mile trip. The 3.73 gears help, as does the 8-speed of course.

In reality, driving mixed highway/city I’m sitting at an average of 15.5 to 16. Towing I’m not sure yet because all I’ve done for towing thus far is dragged my travel trailer home from storage. Then Covid happened so damn.
Congrats on the new truck! That mpg avg is at 1500 numbers. Hopefully it continues for the 6.4 3.73 new hd.

redman4455

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
On my short little drives around town I get about 10.6 hand calculated. When I'm on the freeway and cruising I bring it up to just under 12 mixed. I took an 800 mile trips a month ago and hand calculated about 15, but that was pretty loaded and included some Jeep trails so It could have been higher had I not been screwing around:)

OP
OP
S

Superb Decalscom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins

This is great news! As my dealer is bring in my Truck from another dealer TOmorrow! Cant wait Loaded Limited! 3.73's too! So Im hopping to see these awesome Numbers out of mine soon!

OP
OP
S

Superb Decalscom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I have a 19 3500 4 wheel drive crew cab with 4:10 gears. Love it. I have got 17.6 mpg on a long road trip before headers. Got 18.4 with headers but feel there is alittle more there with some recent changes. You know I have checked it by hand twice now and come within 2/10 both times from what the computer says. So who knows? Will be taking a 1000 mile trip next week and will see if more is there.
Question What Headers did you put on your Truck? Did you change the Air Filter and rest of the exhaust ? I have only found a few sets and they are complete Tail and all deals like $1900 EEK!

muzupan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram1500 Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had an 2018 2500 cc with the 3.73 gears. Around town I averaged 12-13 mpg. On the hiway I averaged in the 16-17 mile range, running 67-69 mph. These numbers were hand calculated and I would check my mpg almost every tank. I had the 6 speed transmission.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I had an 2018 2500 cc...

I didn't realize they ever offered a 4 cyl. Just assuming a 2.5L would be 4 cyl, although I think some F1s are V8s around that displacement, but they rev to like 10-12k.