Looking for a Tuner for pulling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamRacer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So i Have heard alot about Hemifever and the Diablo trinity.
I have a 2010 1500 Hemi and i use it to pull my 23' toy hauler to race tracks around the west.
I want a tuner that is going to give me the tune for best mpg and torque curve.
I like the fact that Hemi fever will build a custom map, ive heard all i would need to do is drive around with my trailer for a few days collecting data and give them that data to build a map on..

I dont know if other tuners are more specific or better?

Does Anyone have any input on what they have found to work better

jasongt06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would stay with Diablo. They have some of the best support and easy to get a custom tune.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I'd go with the DiabloSport and if you don't need the configurable display, go with the I2 and a tune from HF. Yes, you will drive around a bit and log some parameters so that the custom tune can be built. Also, I'd ask HF about a tune for when you aren't towing and one for when you are towing. He is great to work with and very thorough.

You can get the whole package from Moe's Performance, a supporting vendor here, for a very good price. Give Matt at call at 214.789.1110.

Mchurch52

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I have a Hemifever tune for my 6.4 and tow our 34' trailer (8500 GVW) with it. I normally use the 87/89 octane tune when towing and it does much better than without a tune. Sean's tune creates more HP and torque, so even without a specialized towing tune I still get better performance with fewer downshifts and slightly better gas mileage.

OP
OP
RamRacer

RamRacer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for your input guys. I just bought my sparkplugs from Moe's best price i found.. I thought when you bought from hemifever though you get help with custom maps which is why i was looking at Hemifever

Mchurch52

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Thanks for your input guys. I just bought my sparkplugs from Moe's best price i found.. I thought when you bought from hemifever though you get help with custom maps which is why i was looking at Hemifever

You are correct, Sean will work with you to get you the best performance tune for your truck. When I asked him about a specialized tow tune he said it really was't necessary, his custom 87/89/91/93 octane tunes would give you everything you'd need for towing.

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
I have a Hemifever tune for my 6.4 and tow our 34' trailer (8500 GVW) with it. I normally use the 87/89 octane tune when towing and it does much better than without a tune. Sean's tune creates more HP and torque, so even without a specialized towing tune I still get better performance with fewer downshifts and slightly better gas mileage.

Wow, I've been out of the loop, so do he have a tune for the 2016 6.4L now?

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score

HF (Sean) works through Moe's as part of Moe's package deal. You get the tuner and custom tunes for one low price.

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
Do you have a tuner for your truck MADDOG and if you do how do you like it, I'm, leaning toward getting one?

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Do you have a tuner for your truck MADDOG and if you do how do you like it, I'm, leaning toward getting one?

Yes, I do. I also have a HF 92 octane tune and I like it a LOT. I'm glad I did the mod.

You'll need an unlocked PCM in addition to the tuner as you have a 2016. Kinda spendy...

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
You won't see real gains in mpg that will ever pay for the tuner. Think of it as a go fast tool. I didn't really notice much of a difference when my truck was tuned vs not tuned.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
RamRacer

RamRacer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I went with the Diablo trinity but am having problems loading the software... I will try tomorrow to get it resolved as I would like to get this on there.
One question I have thougg is how the heck do you turn it off? None of the buttons seam to shut it down

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I went with the Diablo trinity but am having problems loading the software... I will try tomorrow to get it resolved as I would like to get this on there.
One question I have thougg is how the heck do you turn it off? None of the buttons seam to shut it down
It shuts down automatically

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score

It has an auto shutdown feature.

What software load are you having problems with? Loading the tuner to the truck or updating the tuner before you load it on the truck?

Always plug the unit into your computer first and check for updates. Then proceed to load it on your truck. In some cases, with no explanation, you may have to update the tuner twice.

Who did you purchase the unit from?