Looking for advice or an Alfaobd BCM Config for a 2014 Ecodiesel Laramie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shane R Tedhams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel
Anyone have one for a Laramie? Or similar? Need to change some settings back to default. I looked at the configs in the Alfa thread but none looked similar.

*edit*
A little background information:
Sometime in 2019 my Def tank quit working for third and final time. It started with a p203E and ended with a p241D

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/infamous-p203e-on-2014-ecodiesel.137056/

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/def-tank-went-out-again-3rd-time.145659/

I had given up and trying to figure out the issue but here I am again new me new fault codes new def tank. It still doesn't work. What I am getting:

Reading faults for: Diesel Bosch EDC17C49 CF6 Model Year 2014-15
2021/01/28 16:18:18.731
Faults found.
P203F
P203D
P20FA
P241D
P26AB
P24AE
P20BD
Error code: P20BD
Reductant Pressure Line Heater Control Circuit/Open
Error present
Error warning lamp 'ON' requested
Error code: P24AE
Particulate Matter Sensor Circuit
Error intermittent
Error code: P26AB
Engine Coolant Bypass Valve Stuck
Error intermittent
Error warning lamp not requested
Error code: P241D
SCR Inducement - forced engine shutdown
Error present
Error warning lamp not requested
Error code: P203D
Reductant Level Sensor Circuit High
Error intermittent
Error code: P203F
Reductant level too low
Error present

I've tried to clear them multiple times and nothing happens. I try to do any of the SCR tests under ECU in AlfaOBD and either get "Sequence Failed" or "Failed, ECU detected parameters outside something something". Same fault codes for the third def tank and pump as the second tank and pump.

I've replaced the def tank wire harness as well.
I've performed a hard reset and clearing fault codes of each module (BCM, ECM, RFH). They all come back
I've tried resetting by pulling ECM fuse
I've tried disconnecting negative battery cable
I've tried disconnecting battery cable and touching both cables for an hour 1 time and for 5 hours second time
I've pulled the SCR fuse

To the best of my knowledge after scouring the internet I've came down to four possible reasons this is happening:
1. Faulty ECU
2. A short in the body harness
3. A communication error between the modules
4. Or a communication error that happened when I accidentally changed vehicle line code to like a 2015 ram or something along those lines in the BCM configuration. Before anyone says that you can't change that stuff remember this happened when you could.

BCM DTCs:
P1009
B16B7

RFH DTCs:
C1597
B1A76
B1A73

Speaking of the RFH; I tried to clear handshake fault between modules in the RFH settings and it failed. I'm afraid to touch any of the other settings or tests.

Also my TPMS doesn't work, Keyless entry is wonky, and sometimes when I'm in the vehicle it doesn't detect the key FOB. This started when the DEF tank started messing up.

Attached is my current BCM configuration
Feel free to check it out!
Also, feel free to ask any questions, leave comments, leave concerns.

ECU/systemstatus: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S2AbEUrtkiJ9eGr0RZbll_iu8Jbc5Fgc/view?usp=drivesdk

BCM config:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T0_nYNKgVvad8MK_2wjB-NMs8Hc8X-gy/view?usp=drivesdk

Last edited:

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Here's my 2014 Express 5.7 Hemi. Most of it should be the same.

-K

Attachments

• BCM - Current (7-22-20).txt
    51.3 KB · Views: 18

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
You'll want to find a BCM configuration that is similar to your trim level: BigHorn, Outdoorsman, Tradesman, Laramie, Limited, etc.
There are some differences for the EcoDiesel engine one of which is the Diesel Cabin Heater, all three will be enabled.

OP
OP
S

Shane R Tedhams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel
You'll want to find a BCM configuration that is similar to your trim level: BigHorn, Outdoorsman, Tradesman, Laramie, Limited, etc.
There are some differences for the EcoDiesel engine one of which is the Diesel Cabin Heater, all three will be enabled.

Thank you for that information.

Richmond2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2014 SLT RAM and used a different software before AlphaOBD came out and it changed my vehicle type and could not change it back
every module had type missmatch errors in them and a LOT did NOT work like speedo HVAC powersteering was VERY LIGHT
I ended up at the dealer having the BCM "sales codes " reflashed into it and even still had some "fixing" to do using AphaOBD
I would say he NEEDS an ECODIESEL BCM more then the trim level

I deal with emissions on semi trucks and your error list I would be checking the body harness between the doser control computer and the ECM
I would start with power and ground to the doser controller
there are / were some wiring diagrams floating around RAMFORUM