looking for advise with 99 Ram2500 4X4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skyroamer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins 24V Diesel
I have a 99 Ram Quad cab short box 2500 4X4 with Cummins diesel that I have had for about 14 years.
It has a Boss V-plow and has been a very good truck.
The problem is last winter I hit a sewer manhole that had raised up under the snow........
Now my frame is a lost cause. I found a near perfect bare frame from a 2000 Ram Quad cab 3500 2WD long box.
I'm just not sure I can get the 4x4 front gear to mount on it. any thoughts?

My other option is I found a 2002 Ram quad cab 2500 4x4 with the V10 engine, truck runs, the frame is good and the owner wants rid of it due to the 9 mpg it gets. I think it would be an easier swap to put my Cummins in. I hear that the mounts for the V10 and the cummins are the same? anyone know?
I'm guessing the gear ratio would be different so will have to change axles too. Upside is I will have lots of spare parts. Hoping I can sell the V10 to someone who wants to build a hot rod street truck.

Thanks for any help you can give.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
It would be easier to swap it into the v10 vs the 2wd. Rebuilding the front would take a fair amount of fabrication.

The v10 trucks had the same gearing options for the differentials at 3.55 or 4.10 and even had the same differentials. Same transmission and transfer case as well, the only real difference being the converter and maybe the input shaft.

Other option is throw the plow setup on the v10 and run it as is. Can keep searching for another doner for the cummins.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963