Looking for an aftermarket double din with reduced glare like OEM radios

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Replaced my Uconnect 3 5" display with a new model MVH-2400NEX Pioneer mainly for the Android Auto and find the glare just washes out the screen unless it is night or heavily overcast. Have played with all the brightness, contrast and color settings to no avail.

What other double din aftermarkets with Android Auto have a more OEM like anti-glare on their screens?

Thanks for any suggestions or inputs.

BrianandChrissy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 big horn crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi, vararam CAI
Replaced my Uconnect 3 5" display with a new model MVH-2400NEX Pioneer mainly for the Android Auto and find the glare just washes out the screen unless it is night or heavily overcast. Have played with all the brightness, contrast and color settings to no avail.

What other double din aftermarkets with Android Auto have a more OEM like anti-glare on their screens?

Thanks for any suggestions or inputs.
Have you looked into just buying an anti-glare screen overlay?

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

BrianandChrissy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 big horn crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi, vararam CAI
If you buy an anti glare screen protector for say...a laptop computer, you can trim it to fit perfectly...and you're all set.

OP
OP
Hootbro

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Have you looked into just buying an anti-glare screen overlay?

Yeah, but that is like a "Plan C" route I rather not take. Those things are a mixed bag and can trade one problem for another.

The OEM radios like in the 8.4 displays and even in my wife's Wrangler JL with the 7.0 Uconnect with car play, are just so much better in picture clarity with minimal glare. Hoping to find something aftermarket that mimics this without screen overlays to reduce the glare.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have you looked at the Kenwoods? The Pioneers are super glossy and reflective.