Looking for an estimate on swap and mechanic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erick02ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 magnum
How much would it be to swap the 02 4.7 to a 5.7 or 6.1 and you provide the engine and everything the truck would need + labor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
This is just a "wild ass guess", but I don't think a typical 02 pickup would be worth the cost of such a project. Could be wrong but I doubt it. Sorry.

Mike

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
First you'd have to find a shop willing to do it, then you need to find out how much they're gonna bend you over on hourly rate. Then you'd have to buy a 5.7 or 6.1 (getting harder to find) to give them, luckily your transmission would be usable (same one the 5.7 uses). Then it's PCM and wiring harness and electronic pedal stuff, depending on which year computer setup was chosen (all three years of the hemi prior to CAN bus the elex setup is different because Mopar lol). Module(s) programming, etc. As Mike said, definitely more than your truck is worth. If you have a donor truck where everything can be transferred over bit by bit, that simplifies things but generally drives up the cost, not to mention the two trucks would have to be parked side by side.