Looking for catless Y pipe for 3.7/4.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nathantc

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Ram 1500 sxt 120
Engine
3.7 V6
does anyone have a link to one. I see them for the 5.7 everywhere. If not, how hard would it be to make the 5.7 Y pipe fit.
Most of the ones i see have the upgraded collector as well. Just none are for the 4.7/3.7
One of my cat are plugging up, and i will not spend the cash to replace a faulty part that never should have been there in the first place.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
does anyone have a link to one. I see them for the 5.7 everywhere. If not, how hard would it be to make the 5.7 Y pipe fit.
Most of the ones i see have the upgraded collector as well. Just none are for the 4.7/3.7
One of my cat are plugging up, and i will not spend the cash to replace a faulty part that never should have been there in the first place.
There are not too many performance parts made for the 4.7 anymore. I suggest cutting the pipe off at the back of the cat on each side and knock the material out of the cats. Then head over to your local exhaust shop and have them weld the pipe back to each cat. Much cheaper and you have accomplished the same goal.

OP
OP
nathantc

nathantc

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Ram 1500 sxt 120
Engine
3.7 V6
There are not too many performance parts made for the 4.7 anymore. I suggest cutting the pipe off at the back of the cat on each side and knock the material out of the cats. Then head over to your local exhaust shop and have them weld the pipe back to each cat. Much cheaper and you have accomplished the same goal.

if im going to go thru all that headache i'll just drop the y pipe and cut the cats out, replace with straight pipe or 100% make a new y pipe. Hollow cats cause quite a bit of back pressure and actually can cause drone. It's far better to just eliminate them. Im just trying to avoid the headache of trying to get all the bends correct myself. I can do it, and i can weld exhaust myself. Just was hoping for a direct bolt on solution, with the added upgraded collector. Im not doing it for sound. I plan on leaving the rest of the exhaust stock. just not buying new cats.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
if im going to go thru all that headache i'll just drop the y pipe and cut the cats out, replace with straight pipe or 100% make a new y pipe. Hollow cats cause quite a bit of back pressure and actually can cause drone. It's far better to just eliminate them. Im just trying to avoid the headache of trying to get all the bends correct myself. I can do it, and i can weld exhaust myself. Just was hoping for a direct bolt on solution, with the added upgraded collector. Im not doing it for sound. I plan on leaving the rest of the exhaust stock. just not buying new cats.
If you are leaving the rest of the exhaust in stock form with a stock muffler I wouldn't worry about creating a drone. There won't be any drone and it is unlikely to introduce a drone from a 4.7 with headers and true dual exhaust with two mufflers. Before I owned HEMI trucks I had all 4.7's and I still have two. Both have long tube headers, one has hollow cats and the other has no cats along with 2.5" true dual exhaust. One had 40 Series Flowmasters with a pair of over-the-axle pipes that turn down just behind the rear axle. My other truck has a pair of straight-through Magnaflow mufflers and neither truck has a drone.

If your state has emissions testing along with a visual inspection of the exhaust, leaving the cats in place would assist in passing the visual inspection.