Looking for fuel tank dimensions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yoox_II

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have an 84 d150 that I swapped a 2012 5.7L hemi into. I kept the stock fuel tank from the 84, cut out the top of the tank where the fuel pump goes, then plastic welded in the threaded piece of plastic that the fuel pump threads into from an 07 fuel tank. So basically... it's an 84 tank with an 07 fuel pump in it.

My issue is, the plastic weld has cracked and leaks gas. I want to get a new tank that I don't have to cut a square out of to swap in the 07 fuel pump. In terms of tank dimensions, what fuel tank from the mid-late 2000s rams are similar in length, width and height as the first gen ram fuel tanks? This is a somewhat confusing thing to explain so let me know if you need further clarification. Thanks!

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
have you considered a custom fuel tank? I don't have any newer tanks to measure but I know fuel tanks for these first gens are as rare as a nun in a bikini.

on a side note, great job getting a hemi in your d150. would love to put a newer hemi in my 72 step side!