LOOKING FOR LED HEADLIGHTS AND FOG LIGHTS / WHAT BRAND?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I also went with the Supernova V4 and love them. Finally solved the crappy Dual Beam Problem I had since new.

https://headlightrevolution.com/led-headlight-bulbs/supernova-v-4-led-headlight-bulbs/

+1 - Used these on my wife's Grand Cherokee as the headlights were horrible compared to the LED lights on my Ram. Did the HID's in the projectors as the people at the above mentioned site said the projectors in the GC did not do well with LED. She and I are bot h really happy with the results. Made a world of difference.

Elevated 2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Do any of these work for the projector headlights? I need some more light to find the ground especially in the rain since i'm lifted 4 inches and have a hard time in the rain. I've considered swapping the fog lights as well as the low beams, but I don't want to have to worry about CANBUS and failing chips or 50 feet of extra wires and computers because they aren't factory and just fail.

jagu366

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500
Engine
My son bought a higher end one, can't remember the name. In 6 months they started flickering and one went out. I bought a cheap set from ebay, less than 20. That was 2 and a half year ago, and they still work perfectly.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Since nobody has recommended them, I'll throw out the OPT-7 Fluxbeam-X LED's. I've had them for about 2 years and they work great! As long as you have the quad light housing. I rarely get flashed (had to aim them down a bit) and they put out a lot of light at a much greater distance than the stock lights did. I have been really happy with them! I think I paid $109 for the set.

I even put some in my fogs at the same time. Couldn't be happier.

LI Guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
I got the supernova v4 low beam and supernova v4 perfect fit hi beams and am happy. Gonna fo the fogs asap.
I have the supernova V4 low beams (just plugged them in ,no codes), waiting on the foglights from them...so far pretty happy ,seems projectors don't get high lumens (940 per Headlight Revolution)

yohan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 ST Quad 4x4
Engine
V6 3.6L Pentastar
There was a pair on ebay a while back that mimicked what looked like the nova v.2 from headlight revolution, I got them for ~ $60 USD. They had a much better cut off line than the LED I bought local from kijiji which just sprayed light everywhere - and I mean everywhere. I had to aim the old ones down so low on the road to prevent glare that I glared myself (especially in winter with snow) my eyes fatigued night driving from the ski hill.

The v2 knock offs still spread some light away from the cut off line, but driving down alleys I could actually identify there was a light cut off along the hedges/fences etc. Unfortunately, not even a year later one of them has failed.

When people say they have to "aim them low" I'm wary of the actually cut off pattern - including past review of opt7, i'm skeptical.

Put in bulbs, back them up, look at the pattern on the wall .. put tape up, compare it to the halogens, aim them to the same pattern.

I watched this video :
Reviews say the Nineo and the Techmax need to be rotated and adjusted - these aren't just plug and play - and also some reviews state Nineo didn't include canbus adapters .. Hikari seem to be plug and play. Because I'm in Canada the prices of the 3 are similar, haven't decided which way i'm going to choose yet out of these reviews but it will be one of those 3 because they have been reviewed and are 1/3rd the price of bulbs from headlight revolution. That being, I know I'm going to be self warrantying myself with these bulbs.

Also know, you'll want to use some electrical tape ( I used hockey tape ) to seal up the dust covers on your headlights as it seems none of them will close up with the fan protrusion. It's not about having more lumens, it's about properly illuminating your surroundings - including the ditches for wildlife - while not selfishly blinding oncoming traffic.

Random_Walk

...what's this bolt do? *plink* ...oh.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 QC 4WD SLT
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
I need ideas because I’m so far out in the boondocks and it bumper deer season just ain’t fun.

Same story here... and the elk are moving now (heard them bugling all day yesterday in the hills on the other side of the river - way early for 'em to be migrating, but...)

I took the plunge on a set of Novisight LEDs - they came with an insane coupon that cut the price way down, and they have a 2-year warranty. I'll keep the stock halogens in a sandwich bag full of tissues in the glove box just in case (I keep a set of wrenches under the back seat, so no worries there).

I figure between the brighter lights, the grille guard, and the deer whistle, maybe this year I won't have one of those little black-tailed bastiches bouncing off my grille?

yohan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 ST Quad 4x4
Engine
V6 3.6L Pentastar
I bought the Hikari Ultra LED from Amazon and installed it yesterday in my truck, great light output, clean cut off.. they are winners.

Then discovered my passenger high beam is out, ugh ... $$$

Gregory2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did the h11 to h9 coversion a while back, much better light output.
Still wanted a whiter light so just over the weekend installed the v.4 led low beams from Headlight Revolution. Bright white color and appears to be a good beam pattern. Installed w/o issue.
Longevity to be determined.

Cobayashi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i have the supernova V.4 in my factory projectors, i couldn't me more pleased with them. compared to the halogen there are a good bit brighter and project further in my opinion. the only thing you may have to do is re-aim the beam pattern when you install them, measured from the floor to the impression on the lens and transferred that to the wall in my garage at 25' away and all is well after that once i did that they look great. ordered them from headlight revolution when there was a sale going on, $150 with the CANBUS decoder just to make life simple. everything fit in the headlight cavity under the dust shield, just take your time a think methodically about placement when connecting everything, also take the time orientate them correctly for beam pattern the led chips should be firing at the 3 and 9 o'clock position. my fogs are just some cheap 9006 led joints that work decent to match the low beams of course aimed properly. i haven't been able to get a chance to get still shots against a wall yet but when i do ill report back.

20190927_143537.jpg 20190927_143544.jpg 20191002_053519.jpg 20191002_053534.jpg 20191002_053634.jpg

Last edited: