Looking for Lift Advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WilliamF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, i have a 2018 1500 2WD Sport. I currently have 2'' rough country coils added to the front to help level it out, but i want to go ahead and take it up higher. I'm looking at 4-6'' lift, but i'm not quite sure what brand/manufacturer to go with that will leave me with a close to factory smooth ride. I don't go off road or anything, so it's just for show. I do travel quite a bit so that's why i need to keep it comfortable. Is this even possible? Also, on a 6'' lift, i'm unsure what size tire and wheel to go with. Lastly, someone mentioned needing to get my gears done, in order to not have my lift bog down acceleration. I have no idea where to even start with that! Any help, suggestions, or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Thanks JB1

Yes love mine.

OP
OP
W

WilliamF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I looked at majority of your thread, looks nice. I was thinking a little higher but it actually doesn't look bad at all like that. Did you have to get it regeared? People keep telling me i have to do that if i get a lift or when i accelerate from 0 it will feel like i'm in 2nd gear.

Moparfanatic21

U.S. Marine Vet - 0321, Now a Doctor...of Vehicles
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I looked at majority of your thread, looks nice. I was thinking a little higher but it actually doesn't look bad at all like that. Did you have to get it regeared? People keep telling me i have to do that if i get a lift or when i accelerate from 0 it will feel like i'm in 2nd gear.
Technically you should if you go to bigger tires. It will affect acceleration. For example a wheel/tire combo that weighs 18 pounds more per wheel. So 18x4 = 72lbs. No biggie you are probably saying, my truck can haul way more then that. But tires are static weight so 72lbs is like hauling right around 550lbs all the time.

Now with that said it isn't 100% needed but will help a good bit

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
for 2wd Maxtrac is the way to go without a doubt. We offer them and offer discounts for the members here. We can also help you with regearing if you want to go that route. There are also other things you can do to help with it feeling sluggish like adding some more power or a Pedal Commander. what is your stock gear ratio and how big of a tire would you like to run?

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
7" Maxtrac with 37s here and i love it!... you don't need to regear but it wouldn't hurt if you did .... I'll be regearing soon to 4.56s... go for it!

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
W

WilliamF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
damn that 7'' on 37s looks nice! Tell me more about the gearing issue. How should i go about finding a good price for that? I'm stock currently..whatever that may be. I know nothing about that stuff. I don't want to get taken to the cleaners or anything. Any suggestions on what i'm after?

Moparfanatic21

U.S. Marine Vet - 0321, Now a Doctor...of Vehicles
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
damn that 7'' on 37s looks nice! Tell me more about the gearing issue. How should i go about finding a good price for that? I'm stock currently..whatever that may be. I know nothing about that stuff. I don't want to get taken to the cleaners or anything. Any suggestions on what i'm after?
Use a gear calculator to find out what gear ratio you need. Go a little higher if you tow. The bad thing about 1500s is they top out at 4.56s (I am pretty sure). Just to give you an idea my truck with 4" lift and 45s I regeared to 6.13, it came factory with 4.10s

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Another Maxtrac 7" lift on 37's

View attachment 176736
That looks NICE! Front shot? We were going to lower level my wife’s 17’ cc but we’ve both decided that if we lift it we can at least take it on some of these dirt roads and not worry about dragging the air dam off. Sometimes hers is just more comfy than my big ole 2500. Really like the looks of yours

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
That looks NICE! Front shot? We were going to lower level my wife’s 17’ cc but we’ve both decided that if we lift it we can at least take it on some of these dirt roads and not worry about dragging the air dam off. Sometimes hers is just more comfy than my big ole 2500. Really like the looks of yours

I'll try and capture a straight on front shot today but she is filthy from off roading in the mountains.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

we can offer you a package deal on the lift and gears. There are a few members in this thread that are customers of ours and they can vouch that we have NO intentions of taking you to the cleaners. In fact we do the opposite!

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
I can vouch that Nick is an excellent vendor. He is prompted with quotes and fast with shipping. Big help with my build.

A couple more shots.
20190816_212933.jpg 20190816_212918.jpg

Forgot to mention the wheel and tire combo.

Moto Metal 970's
20x10 -24mm offset
1" BORA spacers on rear to even out with the front spindles being pushed out an inch from the lift.
Nitto Ridge Grapplers 37x12.5r20

boblonben

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, i have a 2018 1500 2WD Sport. I currently have 2'' rough country coils added to the front to help level it out, but i want to go ahead and take it up higher. I'm looking at 4-6'' lift, but i'm not quite sure what brand/manufacturer to go with that will leave me with a close to factory smooth ride. I don't go off road or anything, so it's just for show. I do travel quite a bit so that's why i need to keep it comfortable. Is this even possible? Also, on a 6'' lift, i'm unsure what size tire and wheel to go with. Lastly, someone mentioned needing to get my gears done, in order to not have my lift bog down acceleration. I have no idea where to even start with that! Any help, suggestions, or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!
DON'T...