Looking for new tires that ride nice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miketx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The Rebel comes with E rated tires from the factory, but they are major overkill in my situation. I like E rated for towing and offroad, but that doesn't happen very often. Any suggestions for a better ride? I see only a few options at "D load", and a few at "C load", but C load would require a change of the TPMS thresholds. Any ideas? I'm currently running Cooper AT3+ E rated tires. They've been good, but always very stiff in city driving.

RamRod37

2014 Ram 2500 HD 5.7 Hemi
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I am running Kumho Crugen HT51's on mine these thing rides better than the D rated tires I had put on for temp use till I decided on new tire no kidding these ride better than the D rated tires did of course keep in mind I have ALPHA OBD and have turned tire pressure threshold down to 35 so I can run what suits the current load I have been running 40-45 psi in these since Christmas when I got them they have been great so far IMG_20211225_171007362.jpg

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The Michelin defenders will give you the ride that you want - in e-load.

zrock

Reaction score
I just purchased Nokian Outpost tires these were suppose to be the replacements for the rottiva that reviewed really well. to say the least im not impressed with them at all, lots of road noise i have had mud tires that are quieter. Not to mention i wanted a 10ply tire and not a 6 the shop sold me the wrong version of the tire.

OP
OP
miketx

miketx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am running Kumho Crugen HT51's on mine these thing rides better than the D rated tires I had put on for temp use till I decided on new tire no kidding these ride better than the D rated tires did of course keep in mind I have ALPHA OBD and have turned tire pressure threshold down to 35 so I can run what suits the current load I have been running 40-45 psi in these since Christmas when I got them they have been great so far View attachment 501420
So the Kumho's are E-rated? Yeah, I know lowering my pressure would be a good fix, but I'm hesitant to tweak the settings since I have a Lifetime warranty. The Rebel tire pressure is front 55 rear 45.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can go to approx. 8-10 psi under the door sticker without tripping the light - of course on a cool morning that extra 1-2 psi the pressure drops will turn on the light - then you have to go up to the psi on the door or +1 over that to trip the light off.

On my Outdoorsman which came with E-load 17" tires it is set st 43 psi on the door. I think mine trips at below 34 or 36 psi, I can't remember.

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
my '18 came with Toyo Open Country ATII's, and they ran great for ~50k. I don't love the ATIII's I replaced them with. (I goofed the order). Don't get me wrong, the 3's are not terrible, but I don't think they are as good as the II's. After... Oh, 23k... they seem to be wearing faster, and I feel like the road/wet traction isn't as good.

I had to replace one of the OEM tires at probably about 20-25k, and the other 3 didn't have enough wear to make me replace 2.

Although the 3's are way overdue for a rotation. I don't have a good jack to do it myself.