Looking for quality LED 9005’s for highbeams in OE Premium Projector headlights.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Being that I’m pretty happy with the custom halogen HR19011 bulbs that I got from Daniel stern lighting for my lowbeams, I’m not real impressed with the same bulbs in my highbeam reflectors so has anybody only upgraded the highbeams to LED? I don’t want something too terribly bright so that they don’t render my auto highbeams useless from all the reflections from road signs, primarily speed limit signs and reflector tabs on guardrails but definitely a little brighter than the 2300 lumen these halogen bulbs put out to help my highbeam visibility.

Also ease of fitment inside the headlight housings is a major plus too being that since the high beams are more towards the center of the headlight and not really under the access covers, I don’t really want something that’s going to be a pain to get in there and twist into place, like I had the one and only other time I used LED high beams. Those that I tried before came from Vanqish Auto that’s no longer around that worked OK except they just didn’t last very long. I know they were around 5000 to 6000K but I have no idea what the wattage of them was and even what the lumen output was but because they were so hard to get in there, aside from not really knowing where an LED bulb is supposed to be clocked to, I don’t think I even had those clocked correctly.

Thanks.

Last edited:

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Cougar Motor 3.0 Golds are CANBUS safe, self-contained & fit under the dust covers. But they're a bright white @ 6000k. 4300k is most OE HID or LED, a slight yellowish white. 5000k is true white.
Make sure the chips are clocked at 3 & 9 in a reflector for correct beam pattern.

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cougar Motor 3.0 Golds are CANBUS safe, self-contained & fit under the dust covers. But they're a bright white @ 6000k. 4300k is most OE HID or LED, a slight yellowish white. 5000k is true white.
Make sure the chips are clocked at 3 & 9 in a reflector for correct beam pattern.
Definitely something that fits under the stock covers but being that I have alpha OBD, they don’t really have to be canbus safe because I can enable my headlights to be LED or HID but I would like something that’s at least the same color as your typical halogen headlights or like those silver star ultras just so the colors match but I’m not really sure how bright these can be because I do know I don’t want them to be too bright or I might as well just turn off my automatic high-beams.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Do they have them in 3-4000K and how bright were they in lumens?
These are the ones I got ... LC Plus 9005 HB3 LED Bulb 50W 5000LM 6000K White

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
That's why I love those lasfit ones I got, 5k true white, no blueish or yellowish to them...just flat out white ... you can see them on my avatar, I also put them in my fogs lol .... I could drive just with my fogs if I wanted to ..but the tinted windshield makes it a little hard lol

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's why I love those lasfit ones I got, 5k true white, no blueish or yellowish to them...just flat out white ... you can see them on my avatar, I also put them in my fogs lol .... I could drive just with my fogs if I wanted to ..but the tinted windshield makes it a little hard lol
Well yeah, these halogens I have are pretty close to white so I guess these wouldn’t be too whiter of a light than what I have.

So does your truck by any chance have auto highbeams? If so, do they play well with the sensor?

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have oem LED's on my new Traverse, the auto highbeams on it work alright - but to be honest the light makes it hard for me to see - no depth on the ground and signs just light up way to bright so it messes with my eyes.
Everyone's vision is a bit different and LED lights (other than soft white) really hurt my eyes.
Even my wife said that they do make it hard to see with the traverse. But you can read every sign as they look like they are being lit by sun! haha

Not an apples to apples comparison, but you get the gist.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Well yeah, these halogens I have are pretty close to white so I guess these wouldn’t be too whiter of a light than what I have.

So does your truck by any chance have auto highbeams? If so, do they play well with the sensor?
No auto high beam, I turned it off using ALFAOBD ...

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
I have oem LED's on my new Traverse, the auto highbeams on it work alright - but to be honest the light makes it hard for me to see - no depth on the ground and signs just light up way to bright so it messes with my eyes.
Everyone's vision is a bit different and LED lights (other than soft white) really hurt my eyes.
Even my wife said that they do make it hard to see with the traverse. But you can read every sign as they look like they are being lit by sun! haha

Not an apples to apples comparison, but you get the gist.
Yes, LEDs can really light up everything ... I had some other LEDs bulbs from NINEO and those were supper bright, but they burned out but lasted 2 years ... not bad ...

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No auto high beam, I turned it off using ALFAOBD ...
Why did you kill it in Alfa? You know you can just go within your Uconnect settings and shut it off completely from your radio screen by removing the checkmark that way so you don’t get even have to turn your headlight switch away from auto to keep it from enabling.

But is that why you don’t use it, because of your LED headlights? I’m wondering what even those 5000 lumen LED’s would do to my auto highbeams that you use even tho they’re only about twice as bright as the halogens I have in there now. Right now as it sits, my auto highbeams work pretty good but when I had those LED highbeams and those HID lowbeams, my auto HB’s was pretty much useless and I don’t know if it was because my brights were too bright, my lows were too bright or if it was from the eyelids in the projectors opening all the way up with the brights, or if it was just a combination of all three but I had to turn it off and flip my brights manually.

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, LEDs can really light up everything ... I had some other LEDs bulbs from NINEO and those were supper bright, but they burned out but lasted 2 years ... not bad ...
The HID kit, the pair of LED 9005 highbeams and the pair of 9006 LED foglights I got from Vanquish Auto(that’s no longer around) lasted me about 3 years but with the little amount of night driving I did in less than 20,000 miles, I don’t consider that a long time at all.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Why did you kill it in Alfa? You know you can just go within your Uconnect settings and shut it off completely from your radio screen by removing the checkmark that way so you don’t get even have to turn your headlight switch away from auto to keep it from enabling.

But is that why you don’t use it, because of your LED headlights? I’m wondering what even those 5000 lumen LED’s would do to my auto highbeams that you use even tho they’re only about twice as bright as the halogens I have in there now. Right now as it sits, my auto highbeams work pretty good but when I had those LED highbeams and those HID lowbeams, my auto HB’s was pretty much useless and I don’t know if it was because my brights were too bright, my lows were too bright or if it was from the eyelids in the projectors opening all the way up with the brights, or if it was just a combination of all three but I had to turn it off and flip my brights manually.
I didn't have the option to turn them on or off on my radio, when I found out I could disable them with alfa I did, I couldn't find the option to have it on the radio menu ....

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
The HID kit, the pair of LED 9005 highbeams and the pair of 9006 LED foglights I got from Vanquish Auto(that’s no longer around) lasted me about 3 years but with the little amount of night driving I did in less than 20,000 miles, I don’t consider that a long time at all.
Nothing last anymore man ... if they made quality products they wouldn't stay in business because we wouldn't need to keep buying lol

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I didn't have the option to turn them on or off on my radio, when I found out I could disable them with alfa I did, I couldn't find the option to have it on the radio menu ....
I’m trying to remember where the setting is even at….lol. I can’t remember if it’s under “Lighting” or under “Saftey and Convenience” or whatever it’s called.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Man, I guess not because three pairs of bulbs was $450 bucks. lol.
Yeah it's insane man ... I now have 3 pairs of headlights lol ... the stock reflectors with all LEDs which did pretty good ... the stock projectors with LEDs too and these new ANZO dual ALL-LED headlights that I like much better than the AlphaRex ****** lights lol ... so I probably won't have to worry about headlights for a while ...

Well see how long these ANZO headlights last without issues. The cutoff lines are just amazing, bright and look good on the truck ...

Mountaineer83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have Auxito leds in all 3 of my vehicles including fogs. They are great. Only issue is my Dart shows a low beam out indicator even with the resistors installed. I live with it for the high output. I do know in my Ram though I couldn't fit the 20,000 lumen. Had to go with the 16,000 lumens.