Looking for quality LED 9005’s for highbeams in OE Premium Projector headlights.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
That would be interesting to find a calibration procedure, also you can turn off the auto high beam in the stereo settings pages, you don't necessarily need to use Alfa.

There are settings in alfa that have value adjustments. It has a min and max range, but If you adjust to the min value and get brights all the time, it would be humorous as well as dangerous.

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There are settings in alfa that have value adjustments. It has a min and max range, but If you adjust to the min value and get brights all the time, it would be humorous as well as dangerous.
Kinda sounds to me like they really are just un-adjustable because it’s not like they’re set to the vehicle’s lighting, they’re set to the average lighting brightness of all the other traffic.

Not sure about what the min/max range is but more/less making the sensor less or more sensitive would probably create undesired results but then again, how bright in comparison are the newer factory Ram LED headlights to aftermarket LED and HID upgrades to either of the stock 4th Gen headlight options or aftermarket options? In other words, if the newer trucks have auto HB’s, how are they making the sensor work with the brighter lights but still work in the same fashion? Or is it just a whole entirely different system?

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I looked through my Alfa log and I don't see values to adjust the auto high beam, only a yes/no.

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got my bulbs in last night and after going on a test drive, they work pretty good. At first I thought they might not quite be bright enough but I could definitely tell they're in there when the brights are turned on and only once or twice did they turn off from the reflections so Ill just have to live with it. At least I can run at night without having to run my fog lights so I was able to put my yellow fog bulbs back in for when I actually need them for foggy conditions.

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
2E363380-A9B4-4381-B850-3666A246A53A.jpeg9622DB6A-D60F-4A20-9B17-92088D6857CD.jpeg
Super satisfied with these for my highs. Auto high beams work fine. The occasional road sign may trip them but the rest are fine.

Last edited:
OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
View attachment 513289View attachment 513290
Super satisfied with these for my highs. Auto high beams work fine. The occasional road sign may trip them but the rest are fine.
Your link’s not working.

But yeah, I’m pretty satisfied with those 9005s I got from SparkSmith. They could stand to be a little bit brighter but like with yours, these will cause some road signs to make my auto highbeams turn off when they’re not supposed to. All in all, I’m pretty happy with them. I just hope they last but they do have a five year warranty.

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
Your link’s not working.

But yeah, I’m pretty satisfied with those 9005s I got from SparkSmith. They could stand to be a little bit brighter but like with yours, these will cause some road signs to make my auto highbeams turn off when they’re not supposed to. All in all, I’m pretty happy with them. I just hope they last but they do have a five year warranty.

Nice, same here, I fixed the link. Thanks