Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

Looking for towing mirros

Discussion in 'All Mopar Parts' started by 17crewram, Sep 10, 2019.

1. 17crewram

17crewram Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    I have a '17 big horn with black power folding, heated, puddle lamps, turn signals, and auto dimming mirrors. Is there an equivalent in a towing mirror? I have a set of cheap add ons for pulling the camper, but I hate them.

thanks

2. crash68

crash68 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    3.0 EcoDiesel
    Trail Ridge makes a plug and play OEM style tow mirrors that will have all the features (power fold, heated, puddle, etc) your current mirrors have with the exception of auto-dimming.

Roadmaster likes this.
  3. AllMoparParts.com

AllMoparParts.com Senior Member Staff Member Preferred Vendor

Ram Year:
    All
    Engine:
    All
  4. dhay13

dhay13 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
    I called 2 dealers and those mirrors without auto dimming were $495 for the set from either dealer. Not sure how much more for the auto dimming ones. The problem was they were back-ordered until about mid-November. I didn't ask about the auto-dim but I'd say they are probably back-ordered too. There were 10 dealers that had mine in stock but the closest was about 200 miles away. I still haven't bought them. The Trail Ridge from 1A were $100 cheaper. I have heard good things about them.

Back to the OEM, the dealer told me if you bought the pieces individually it would be about $1000. He said to make sure I got the kit with everything in it ($495). From what I understand there is a support bracket that is about $40 that does not come with the Trail Ridge mirrors. I think they do come with the OEM kit though. If so then the OEM's would only be about $60 more than the aftermarket.